JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Can I print to an HP ethernet connected printer?

(Topic created: 07-24-2023 08:01 PM)
Mtiede
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I think I used to be able to print from my Galaxy S10 to an HP printer that doesn't have wifi, but is connected via ethernet.  Now it kind of looks like every print service I install is only set up to find the device by wifi.  Even though I can input the IP address of the printer when trying to "add printer", it still says it can't find the printer.  The printer tells me the address I am trying and it works from from the PC.

How can I print to this printer from the S10?  Or is the S10 now limited to print to wifi connected printers?

The printer happens to be an HP CP1518ni color laserjet.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S Phones
You need to send it via Bluetooth or wifi direct if available it will list a code on the screen if you're has one. Also if you use the hp app you must also download the plug in go to your print settings in phone shut default service off and hp plug in on so you can send via wifi or wifi direct šŸ˜‰ Screenshot_20230724_212553_Settings.jpg

View solution in context

6 Replies
Solution
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S Phones
You need to send it via Bluetooth or wifi direct if available it will list a code on the screen if you're has one. Also if you use the hp app you must also download the plug in go to your print settings in phone shut default service off and hp plug in on so you can send via wifi or wifi direct šŸ˜‰ Screenshot_20230724_212553_Settings.jpg
Mtiede
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
But does the printer have to be wifi, because mine is ethernet. Or do you mean the phone is on wifi?
0 Likes
Mtiede
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Ah ha. I turned off default service and hp service on and it printed! Thanks so much!
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Nice.. glad I was able to help šŸ˜Š
0 Likes
charles_jackson
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Yes, you should be able to print to an HP ethernet-connected printer from your Galaxy S10. Make sure you have the correct IP address entered when adding the printer, and ensure that your print service is configured to recognize ethernet-connected devices. If the issue persists, try troubleshooting the connection settings on both your phone and the printer.

0 Likes
Mtiede
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Thanks but I already resolved it as I mentioned in an earlier reply.

"Ah ha. I turned off default service and hp service on and it printed! Thanks so much"
0 Likes