Original topic:

82” Samsung TV fades to black over and over again once turned on.

(Topic created: 06-20-2022 08:02 PM)
userbwJepEmzjd
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have a Samsung 82” tv model UN82NU800DFXZA

My TV fades to black anywhere from 10 seconds to 5 minutes in from the first time it is turned on. It seems to depend on how cool or hot the tv might be. I love this tv but it isn’t old enough to have this kind of a problem.

I have tried every suggestion from many different people. Turning down the brightness, backlight, etc. Making sure the auto dimming features are off, etc. Reseting to factory settings. Unplug the power and hold the power button down for 30 seconds to a minute and then plug back in. Nothing will work. It will just fade out to black every time. Once I turn it off and then turn it back on again it will work again for minimal amount of seconds. The picture fades out but the sound and controller seem to work fine.

It feels to me as if it is overheating. Is there a heat sensor that will turn itself off if it thinks the temperature is too high? I just don’t understand. The TV is just over two years old. No way this should happen and of course it is out of warranty. Any suggestions?

1 Reply
Diaboyos
Neutron Star
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
Do you have it mounted on the wall? If so how close to the wall?
0 Likes