JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

ARC not working via Anynet, but Optical audio has issue too?

(Topic created: 10-16-2017 07:40 AM)
WhyBuy
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Using a hu6950 55 inch "Smart" TV, the setup is STB to Marantz receiver to TV. HDMI 4 is used for ouput via receiver with ARC turned on both TV and receiver. 

Tried to play video from apps (Netflix or Amazon video) and like many others posted on the net, The Anynet + CEC through ARC (HDMI4) could not have consistent handshake between receiver and TV. Gave up the ARC idea and hoping to get discrete channel audio via Optical audio, this does not work either.

Tried out many options, set audio to PCM, turned off Instant power on, TV factory reset, smart hub reset, audio reset, different HDMI ports, different HDMI cables, powering up sequence, manual switch to Audio out... etc. Not only is Anynet not working, I could not get Optical audio to turn on either (no light through the cable). Video quality is great, if only I enjoy silent videos.  The only available sound option is through TV speakers or through analog RCA output.

Tested out the Optical cable directly from STB to receiver and it is working fine. Is there a way to force this smart TV to be dumber so it could turn on optical audio output always?

Had a LG TV prior and never seemed to have issue this frustrating...

JUMP TO SOLUTION
59 Replies
userRxz48fCKBw
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have the same TV and and a Denon AVR-X1000 and i also lost ARC that a couple of days ago. I did see that the Denon had a firmware update waiting. I did upgrade the denon. But still no luck after. Then i upgraded the tv from 1201 to 1208, but not luck here either.  I hope this issue gets resolved soon.

userLnXVKYxxGp
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Same thing happened here, UN75H7150 tv with Denon S900W was working fine for more than 2 years but on Jan 12th 2018 I lost all ARC functionalities. TV is not seeing receiver as an option in the speakers menu. Receiver not turning off when tv is turned off. All this is very frustrating. Hard to tell if the problem is on Samsung side or Denon.

userLnXVKYxxGp
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

A few minutes after writing this post I finally found the solution. On the receiver, there is a config called HDMI Control in the Video parameters. Switching this to Off and then again to On solved the problem. Hope this can help someone else.

Stjorickster
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
I purchased a 65 inch almost a month ago. went through 3 different Sound bars. I would have to unplug the tv to get Arc and cec to work again. The solution i used was too return it and buy a Sony. I'm not sure but the one connect box seems like a good idea and is handy. It appears to have issues which is a shame as I really liked the picture.
userDhaupD5p7S
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I am having the same issue like you all. My sony Dh 550 reciever was working flawlessly connecting to my Samsung UN55KU6300 reciever. On the 10th of January 2017 I also experienced an issue with the system connections. My samsung tv would not turn on the reciever and I can only connect the tv to the reciever through optical. The HDMI cable has not moved and I cannot make the reciever option to play the sound! This is frustrating as I have not found a solution that works. 

useryd5ejNUP8P
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

After a week of trying everything including calling Samsung, new cables, resetting Audio to factory defaults and starting over,  I found the plight in of all places the HDMI parameter in Video on the Marantz AVR - Not the Audio.  Works like a charm now.  Thanks Astronaut

0 Likes
useryd5ejNUP8P
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
Bingo!! Thanx
0 Likes
userAk6YSEoQOM
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Thank you!

It was a rough week pointing the finger at Samsung for the ARC interface not working, but I should've known it was my 12 year old Sony amp that has disabled the hdmi control feature.

0 Likes
Soulcommander
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have a Samsung UN65JS8500 and I get no sound to my Yamaha RX-A1070. I have talked to Samsung on the phone since 2016 when My TV was in warranty and they never offered a reason for what is happening other than a reset,.  Now No signal to my receiver. I have never touched the HDMI cable and tried replacing it recently but still no sound. I think the One connect box is faulty. I have current firmware on tv and have had no luck with this. When I first got the TV I was having sound issues off and on..MOSTLY not working....but at times I could get sound to the receiver. I would get a message on the TV to check the connections  It was not until recently a Yamaha tech helped me to find out what could be the issue and it is the one connect box.  But with my warranty expired Samsung has issued no help but only for me to replace it myself. Very frustrating.

0 Likes
userDhaupD5p7S
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I found a solution that worked for me. I unplugged everything for a few minutes and now I can see the reciever on the Tv sound selection pane. 

0 Likes