JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

ARC not working via Anynet, but Optical audio has issue too?

(Topic created: 10-16-2017 07:40 AM)
WhyBuy
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Using a hu6950 55 inch "Smart" TV, the setup is STB to Marantz receiver to TV. HDMI 4 is used for ouput via receiver with ARC turned on both TV and receiver. 

Tried to play video from apps (Netflix or Amazon video) and like many others posted on the net, The Anynet + CEC through ARC (HDMI4) could not have consistent handshake between receiver and TV. Gave up the ARC idea and hoping to get discrete channel audio via Optical audio, this does not work either.

Tried out many options, set audio to PCM, turned off Instant power on, TV factory reset, smart hub reset, audio reset, different HDMI ports, different HDMI cables, powering up sequence, manual switch to Audio out... etc. Not only is Anynet not working, I could not get Optical audio to turn on either (no light through the cable). Video quality is great, if only I enjoy silent videos.  The only available sound option is through TV speakers or through analog RCA output.

Tested out the Optical cable directly from STB to receiver and it is working fine. Is there a way to force this smart TV to be dumber so it could turn on optical audio output always?

Had a LG TV prior and never seemed to have issue this frustrating...

JUMP TO SOLUTION
userC4xf7aAXFg
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Im working on this problem too.  I wonder if it coincides with pluggin in my sons new Christmas present Nintendo Switch.  After that stuff started flaking out.

For those that unplugged everything and replugged did that work for at least more than a day or two?

0 Likes
useruGdmm0akyh
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have the Samsung 60HU8550 and I too lost the ARC functionality and now my DirecTV cable box keeps forgetting the remote setup for the my Yamaha RXV577.  I thought it was the reciever so I purchased a Pioneer Elite VSX‑LX102, it would not communicate with ARC and my STB would never coordinate efforts with the remote.  I returned it bought an Onkyo which in hind site didn't matter because Onkyo now owns Pioneer and the interface was the same.  Still no Arc communication.  What's odd though is that I can get my Yamaha to communicate over Arc now it just takes some finageling with turning Arc and and off within the receiver as well as in the sound interface on the TV.  It's working now but my DirecTV remote which used to shut off the receiver and turn it on is only shutting it off and I suspect that is the result of the ARC component telling the reciever to shut off when the TV goes off.  None of this makes sense other than to assume a firmware upgrade on the TV has caused the problem. 

If Samsung doesn't fix this issue ASAP I will probably move the TV to a space where it doesn't get used and start looking at the Vizio or Sony TV's.  This is just dumb and I hate being told to use Digital because that then requires me to use another remote to switch source or to buy a universal remote and that of course is not cheap for the logitech Harmony.  Why the hell even create the ARC spec if it's not going to be used like it should.  Best Buy Magnolia keeps telling me ARC is not a universal language and that I shouldn't expect it to work.  Why the hell does it exist on every receiver and TV made if it's not universal.  Anynet+ CEC is junk too.  This whole thing is clearly done in order to force the consumer to buy yet another device to make something out the box to work.

useruGdmm0akyh
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

On another note I am going to pick up the Sony STR DN1080 and see if that by chance will communicate to my TV.

0 Likes
userw24iQ7uX6r
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

my Sony receiver worked perfectly ARC-wise with my TLC 4K, but i bought a 55" 6290 and basically just swapped tv's and replugged the cables back in arc to arc and i have been disappointed ever since. i finally got an accep[table solution.

0 Likes
userdY9Ox1KyWm
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Have same issue getting Arc to work with Onkyo and 55 inch MU8050.

It was working and now NO connection.

Receiver no longer detected and only way to get audio is with optical.

Please advise.

0 Likes
userMD4JhpJjUK
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I suffer for long time form this issue, Samsung replaced already 4 boxes... Looks ike you have a solution, could you be kind and please elaborate:

- When you say 'I have an android device which allows Anynet+ connection' What do you mean? I do not have android device at home, what is a good replacement? (or where to buy one?)

- When you say 'connect this to the system via HDMI' What "system" do you mean? (the android or the TV?)

Thank you!

Eran

userdY9Ox1KyWm
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Samsung told me to unplug my receiver and TV for 30 seconds. This reset the connection and my ARC is now working.

Sometimes there is a glitch. You can also try changing out your HDMI cords. Hope this helps.

useryeSOk6z7gV
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

The above fix does work.  Turn off my HDMI control in the Video in the Denon S730 receiver.  Then unplug my QLED Q7 and the Denon.  Plug my Q7 first and then the Denon.  Go back to the HDMI control in the Video and turn it on again. 

SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

We're glad that you're up and running!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
usere86SRFA1jU
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have tried unplugging but it doesnt work.

I can control the volume on my AVR (denon), but no sound comes out. Any other ideas?