Original topic:

Apple HomeKit For Samsung TV

(Topic created: 04-29-2021 09:57 AM)
user0rEulLng1x
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I bought a Samsung TV in Portugal, one of the features I wanted was full integration with the apple ecosystem. what do you think when haver airplay? but the homekit fail, I’m thinking of moving to lg now!

16 Replies
userFk7ALHa9gu
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

....so how do we do it now bc all the software is out. 

usertUGrqFl1OJ
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Is there any progress on this?

This issues mentions solved, but it isn't!

I invested in Samsung Q80 in 2020 because it had Apple TV integration. I had to find out that HomeKit is not supported and I am deeply disappointed about this. A tv with an unstable SmartThings app you can' call a Smart tv...

I expect nothing more than a firmware upgrade that solves this issue. So please re-open

It is disgraceful that LG and others can and Samsung is pushing to use its own app which is unstable and impractical.

I should have gone for OLED instead of QLED. At least I would have a modern tv that can be controlled from my IPhone

user11cVv5rCXf
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have a 2020 43" Serif. I would like to know if there is an update to this! Apple's HomeKit integration on available on other manufacturers TVs. 

0 Likes
userFk7ALHa9gu
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Any luck so far

0 Likes
userjXSckFET0a
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

2020/11 not available support homekit

0 Likes
user0d30kJOKrs
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I was on the chat and asked about homekit and agent said q60-q80 has native homekit support and I asked twice to make sure. He said yes and works out of the box. Today is 11/28/2020. 

Can anyone confirm? I am about to click buy button on Q60t model. 

userLlD2SfItks
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

There's a workaround using Homebridge

0 Likes