Original topic:

Apps on TV not working

(Topic created: 09-17-2022 01:10 PM)
StarGirl00
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
I have a TU700 55in and for the last couple of days, HBOMax hasn't been wanting to work properly. I'll watch it for a little while, then it kicks me off saying it can't connect to the internet. But my router is online and working fine. The TV is up to date. 

Cover image

7 Replies
StarGirl00
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
This is the error code HBOMax is giving me20220917_150507_479_1663445109.jpg
0 Likes
StarGirl00
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
This is the TV saying that it's not connected to the internet.20220917_150825_480_1663445306.jpg
0 Likes
StarGirl00
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
And this is my router showing it is online.20220917_150852_481_1663445334.jpg
0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
Your second screenshot tells it like it is .... NO CONNECTION TO THE INTERNET.

If the TV is not connected to the Internet HBO isn't gonna work.

Reboot the TV ... turn it off ... unplug from power source for 10 minutes.

Plug back in, turn it on ... wait a few minutes and then check for connectivity to internet
0 Likes
StarGirl00
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
Yeah, but how is the TV not connected to the network when every other device I own is connected to the network just fine?
0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
The TV IS connected to the router, but not to the Internet ...

These are all electronic devices, and weird glitches happen all the time.

The more that time passes, the more chance something is gonna go wrong with one or more devices.

Our Samsung Frame does this on occasion.

Once a month, we disconnect all devices, unplug the router and wait 10 minutes ... plug it back in , then when it's online, we reconnect all devices ... we do that as a maintenance routine to reduce likelihood of glitches 👍
Techaman
Galaxy
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
So I had a issue with a new television that was only a year and a half old if not one year where no sound would come out not even if I plugged in optical cable and after finally getting someone on a text message service call the person told me to turn it off by unplugging it from the wall wait 3 minutes then plug it in and for the first time ever in history turn it off and turning it on actually worked apparently with these new TVs you have to discharge the capacitors kind of like rebooting a computer or change in a battery in your car so unplug it for 3 minutes then plug it back in also make sure that your network that you are connecting to is on the right frequency for the TV's capability
0 Likes