JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Audio and Connectionn Problems

(Topic created: 09-23-2022 05:59 AM)
waveblazer711
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

We own QEEQN85AATXQ SAMSUNG TV.I am experiencing problems with the eARC connection to the a/v receiver (that has an HDMI ARC port), and by extension to the other input devices connected to the tv.

How i want it to work

I want to watch movies in their original audio format and picture quality via the receiver from the tv or any other input devices without the need to deal with settings every time.

What is the situation now
When audio output is on HDMI,  as shown on tv, (i.e. via the a/v receiver). It is possible to watch content on the apps installed on the tv itself  but only up to Dolby Digital audio. Upon changing to any other device connected via different input, as a satellite TV receiver for example.Then, the tv would switch to the receiver black screen input.

current home theater setup 

Nvidia Shield(HDMI-2)+ Satellite receiver(HDMI-1)----->TV(eARC-HDMI3)<--->(ARC-HDMI) harman kardon avr 151s receiver.

current TV settings are as follow:

• sound output : TV speakers\receiver(HDMI ARC)
  • Expert Sound Settings
    • HDMI-eARC Mode: Auto
    • Digital Output Audio Format: Auto (Pass-Through is Unavailable)
  • General
    • Anynet+(HDMI-CEC): On
    • Input Signal Plus:
      • HDMI1 - Satellite: On
      • HDMI2 - Nvidia Shield: On
    • External Device Manager

What is the problem

1. it is impossible to watch content from external devices inputs while being on receiver surround audio output (unless initiating HDMI troubleshooting every single time).
  2. Passthrough doesn’t work - when audio output is through the a/v receiver the output will always be Dolby digital even if the audio format, of the movie,  is different or higher quality than that (e.g. DD+, TrueHd, DTS-HD-MA)

What have i tried to do so far

1. connecting all devices directly to receiver and receiver to tv brought desired preserving of audio format and problemless watching - however receiver only support up to 1080i picture quality.
  2. upgrading al hdmi cable to 2.1
  3. following the HDMI troubleshooting on TV settings
  4. disconnecting HDMI cables and electric power cables, reconnecting and  resetting in all kind of order and combination
  5. factory reset to TV

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Thank you so much for reaching out! This forum is for the support of US products and customers. We do not have the ability to support models outside of the US. There are differences between the US and International firmware, which we do not have access to. Since your product was purchased outside of the US, please visit the link below for support in your area. https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html

View solution in context

0 Likes
1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Thank you so much for reaching out! This forum is for the support of US products and customers. We do not have the ability to support models outside of the US. There are differences between the US and International firmware, which we do not have access to. Since your product was purchased outside of the US, please visit the link below for support in your area. https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html

0 Likes