JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Autorun Last App Not Working

(Topic created: 04-07-2021 12:54 PM)
userZhKXEn3dio
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I  normally use YoutubeTV for everyday viewing. This TV has a setting that, supposedly, powers up on the last app that was in use when the TV was turned off. Unfortunately, I cannot seem to make it work. I've tried it on both Youtube TV and Hulu to see if it worked on one but not the other but it doesn't return to either of them. So far I checked the firmware update but the TV says I have the latest version. I see a number of posts in a google search but no solutions. I purchased the TV about two weeks ago at BestBuiy. Can anyone point me to a solution?

60 Replies
SamsungAl
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hey there. Could you provide the model code of the TV?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userZhKXEn3dio
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

UN40N5200AFXZA

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungAl
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Thank you for that information! So in order to have the autorun last app to work, you will need to have the autorun smart hub on as well. You can find out how to turn these both on on pages 37 and 38 of the user manual 🙂

http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/201908/20190808123128852/ENG_US_KSFATSCN-1.0.6_181025.2...

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userZhKXEn3dio
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I will give this a try; however, I asked Samsung for tech support yesterday and they phoned me this morning.  The agent I spoke with told me that, while they show this feature on all of their current models, IT DOESN'T WORK.  He didn't say that they were working on a fix or make any predictions about it ever being functional.  While I find this annoying on my $150 TV, think about how annoyed you would be if you were looking at a $1500 QLED set.  One of the reasons I bought this TV was so that I could see (and return to) YouTube TV without using an external device such as a Roku. 

useracvuLlQdCe
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

This does not work.  

userfLLzsqdcTU
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

This does not work. What is the eta for a fix?

userR5vYkXPKzc
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Not sure why you post that as a solution when in your position should know that it does not work.

userBllhu9kySD
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
Exactly! Doesn't work, so why give it as a resolution?
userLiw8MzgqLc
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

The customer support is not the good support

0 Likes