JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Black Bar around picture

(Topic created: 02-23-2022 08:07 AM)
userouFrgEIbLW
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello I have an Au8000, and I have a black bar around my whole picture.  Except for the bottom, where the picture extends all the way to the edge.  It doesn't matter if I am on my PS5 or another input.  The menu says it is in 16:9 and the picture is supposed to fit to screen.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I suggest calling into 1-800-SAMSUNG (1-800-726-7864) and asking for remote management. They'll be able to remote into your TV and figure out why it's doing that.

View solution in context

3 Replies
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello! I understand how this can be frustrating with this occurring have you tried the following? 

Press the Home button on your remote control
Use the Directional Pad on the Remote Control to navigate to Settings
Press ENTER on the remote control to select Settings
Select Picture
Select Picture Size and choose a preferred option
You can also select Fit to screen or Zoom/Position as additional options
0 Likes
userouFrgEIbLW
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
Hello, this is the OP. I Have tried all of this. Picture size should always be 16:9 especially when gaming right? That is what it is set on. The picture does not change when using another input. Fit to screen is "automatic". Zoom is a feature I do not want to use, as it won't position the picture better. Position feature will let me choose it, but the picture does no respond to any inputs when I try to reposition it.

I have tried reseting the whole TV too.
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I suggest calling into 1-800-SAMSUNG (1-800-726-7864) and asking for remote management. They'll be able to remote into your TV and figure out why it's doing that.