JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Black Screen On Disney+

(Topic created: 12-13-2022 12:59 PM)
deviesh254
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I am having an issue with the my Samsung Smart TV and Disney +  Yesterday night, I encountered a black screen while streaming The Orville a show on Disney Plus - Samsung 4K Smart TV.

I tired uninstalling and, then reinstalling the Disney plus but the black screen is still there.

Anyone there who can help me with this

0 Likes
1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello! Thank you for reaching out, I completely understand your concerns with the tv screen going black on the disney+ app. Test the HDMI cable certain TVs have an HDMI cable test. Some models only have this test after a software update, and older models do not have it. If your model does not have this test, or is not connected by HDMI, skip to Step 6.

To perform the test, make sure the TV's source is still on the HDMI setting for the cable you want to test. Navigate to Settings, and then select Support. Select Device Care, select Self Diagnosis and then select Signal Information. Select HDMI Cable Test, and then select Start Test. If the test says the cable is bad, replace the cable. 

If this issue still occurs the unit will need to be addressed by a service technician. If your unit is within the one-year warranty please feel free to private message any moderator for further assistance.

If the unit is out of that one-year warranty you can use the following link to find a list of service centers near you that can do the repair: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/ or reach out directly to Samsung Support at 1-800-726-7864.