JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Brand new AU8000 saying that game consoles are not powered on

(Topic created: 11-23-2022 09:26 AM)
laoraryn
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hi all, we bought a new AU8000 off Amazon and were trying to set it up last night. We have a lot of video game consoles that we want to connect to the TV as well as a computer. The PC connected automatically and works great. Specifically our Wii U (for whatever reason) also connects without any problems. However our Playstation 5, Xbox 360, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch all have no connection success.

The TV recognizes that something is hooked up to the HDMI port, but it thinks everything is turned off. It says "Power off.Check [sic] that the external device is turned on and the cable is plugged in properly." for PS5/360/One/Switch.

Things we've tried:

1. New HDMI cables (including the one that the Wii U was successfully connected with)
  2. Switching HDMI ports on the TV (including the ones that the PC and Wii U work on)
  3. Routing the consoles directly to the TV, and routing them through an HDMI splitter instead
  4. Power cycling the TV and consoles
  5. Pulling the power cords on the consoles, waiting 10 min, and reconnecting them
  6. Pulling the power cord on the TV, waiting 10 min, and reconnecting it
  7. Testing the consoles' HDMI connection to our previous LG "dumb" TV (they work fine)
  8. Checked for software updates on TV (up to date)
  9. The "HDMI troubleshooting" function within the support menu (it recommended we try different HDMI cords...which we've done to no avail)

Our wifi is running fine and the TV says it's connected to it.

This is our first smart TV, and to be completely honest we're not super impressed so far between this, the busy home screen, and laggy menus. Is there something we're missing or further troubleshooting we can try?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I couldn’t live without my XBox showing on my tv. Let’s get this situated for you as soon as we can. It looks like you've tried just about all the troubleshooting you can with this issue. I believe this particular issue may require service. In order to be certain, I would like to gather additional information and look at this from a case-by-case basis. Please provide the full model code and serial number of the device as well as your best contact phone number, name, and email

Send a message on Facebook

Send Message on Twitter 

Send Message to Moderator

If your unit is out of warranty and you would like to receive quotes on service/labor from an Authorized Service Center near you, please visit:

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location

View solution in context

3 Replies
KiwiBird97
Red Giant
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
Do you have HDMI CEC enabled on your consoles?
0 Likes
laoraryn
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Ok! Troubleshot more after I got home from work, another 10-min-off session for the TV seemed to fix this problem. The bad news is, now another one started 😞

Anything we plug into HDMI 2 (the ARC HDMI port) is suddenly not working with the same power error message. We tried different cords and the PC/Switch/Xbox One, and all of them suddenly weren't powered on according to the TV. We've tried it with CEC on the TV on and off and it doesn't appear to make a difference. Any ideas? 😕

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I couldn’t live without my XBox showing on my tv. Let’s get this situated for you as soon as we can. It looks like you've tried just about all the troubleshooting you can with this issue. I believe this particular issue may require service. In order to be certain, I would like to gather additional information and look at this from a case-by-case basis. Please provide the full model code and serial number of the device as well as your best contact phone number, name, and email

Send a message on Facebook

Send Message on Twitter 

Send Message to Moderator

If your unit is out of warranty and you would like to receive quotes on service/labor from an Authorized Service Center near you, please visit:

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location