Original topic:

White spots on TV

(Topic created: 04-23-2022 06:11 PM)
user6hVKrtgqkB
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

so disappointing with Samsung and my 65 inch TV. Only 5 years old and I have white spots on my screen. After doing some research I find it is because  some of the filter lens have come un glued  causing the LED light to shine through. This is clearly due to poor workmanship. I called Samsung and they tell me sorry you are out of the warranty period.  Would you like to buy a new  Samsung TV, we got some great deals for loyal customers.  First why would I buy a new Samsung TV when you do not make a quality product. Second the price quoted was the same as at Best Buy. So no big savings. I have a Sharp TV that is 15 years old with a perfect picture. I wanted a smart TV and thought I purchased a quality TV but now I know I did not! Make it right Samsung send me a new TV that works. Richard Basila.  

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello, I understand how this can be a cause for concern with this occurring, if this is occurring on all sources and during the picture test, this will require service. You will have a couple of options based on your warranty.

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.

- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up. 

- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators or you can call in directly at 1-800- 726-7864 with your full model and serial number to have service setup

- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello, I understand how this can be a cause for concern with this occurring, if this is occurring on all sources and during the picture test, this will require service. You will have a couple of options based on your warranty.

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.

- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up. 

- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators or you can call in directly at 1-800- 726-7864 with your full model and serial number to have service setup

- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/