JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Can no longer cast to TV

(Topic created: 06-13-2020 06:04 PM)
usersUjiUlpFtd
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Recently, we've stopped being able to cast to our TV. It was working fine for years, and now the Smart View app says "unable to connect".

I can still use my phone as a remote to control the TV in Smart Things. But none of our phones can cast video to it. I even tried connecting via Bluetooth. I can pair the phone and TV, but once paired it says says "failed" everytime I try to connect.

We've restarted the TV, phones, router, and modem. I restored the factory settings on the TV. I've uninstalled and reinstalled both the Smart Things and Smart View apps. Nothing has worked so far. Does anyone have a solution?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
usersUjiUlpFtd
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I was able to resolve the issue. Unplug the tv for 30 seconds, then plug it back in!

Dang, I must have reset every device possible before trying this most simple fix....

View solution in context

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Are all of the devices on the same Wi-Fi band? (2.4 GHz or 5 GHz)

Please go to Settings>Support and provide the full model code and current software version of the television so that we can best assist.

0 Likes
usersUjiUlpFtd
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Model un65mu8500

Software t-ktmakuc-1280.5 , bt-s

0 Likes
usersUjiUlpFtd
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Yes. They're both connected to our Netgear 15G network. I actually even tried switching both devices to a new network, no success. I've now moved both devices back to the 15g network.

@usersUjiUlpFtd wrote:

Recently, we've stopped being able to cast to our TV. It was working fine for years, and now the Smart View app says "unable to connect".

I can still use my phone as a remote to control the TV in Smart Things. But none of our phones can cast video to it. I even tried connecting via Bluetooth. I can pair the phone and TV, but once paired it says says "failed" everytime I try to connect.

We've restarted the TV, phones, router, and modem. I restored the factory settings on the TV. I've uninstalled and reinstalled both the Smart Things and Smart View apps. Nothing has worked so far. Does anyone have a solution?

0 Likes
Solution
usersUjiUlpFtd
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I was able to resolve the issue. Unplug the tv for 30 seconds, then plug it back in!

Dang, I must have reset every device possible before trying this most simple fix....