JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Can't Play AVI Files?

(Topic created: 08-17-2021 10:03 AM)
user8UF4VNi5eA
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I recently imported hours of video from my Dad's MiniDV camcorder to .avi files using Scenalyzer. Yesterday I tried to play them on my Samsung TV (off portable HD) but the files weren't recognized. This is the first time I've had a video file not recognized by the TV as I've played numerous video files/formats on it over the years without any issue(s). I'm an amateur when it comes to this stuff but I've deduced the issue is the code. The files are DVSD codec and I don't see it listed as a supported codec https://developer.samsung.com/smarttv/develop/specifications/media-specifications/2016...fications.h...

I don't intend to burn the files to DVD or anything like that so my questions are, whats the best codec to use so that I can play the files on my TV and that would have the broadest compatibility without loosing quality. Second, whats the best software to make the change?

0 Likes
1 Reply
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Good afternoon. The following chart from the user guide shows the compatible codecs, resolutions, and frame rates supported by the TV. Any software you use should be capable of saving the AVI files using a supported codec.

0 Likes