JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Connecting to a Samsung TV via wire or wireless slows down Galaxy Note 20 Ultra

(Topic created: 04-01-2023 10:34 PM)
MimiCat
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

When I connect my phone to a Samsung 7 Series (65) TV, the phone slows down. It happens regardless of it's a wired or wireless connection.

I tried to connect my phone to said TV to play Sonic on the big screen, only to find out that when doing so, the phone is very laggy and RetroArch was showing 11 FPS on the frame counter on startup. 

Steps to reproduce:

1. Turn on your TV

2. Unlock your phone

3. Start mirroring your phone to your TV via Smart View or HDMI

4. Scroll around and compare

See video here for comparison 

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Thank you so much for being a part of our community. I love using my tv to watch things from my phone. Let’s get this situated for you as soon as we can.

Try clearing your phone's cache.

The system cache partition stores temporary system data. It's supposed to allow the system to access apps more quickly and efficiently, but sometimes things get cluttered and outdated, so a periodic cache clearing can help make the system run more smoothly. 
- When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
- An ‘Installing system update’ message will show for 30 – 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
- Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
- Press Power key to select.
- Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
- When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
- Press the Power key to restart the device.
Your phone will take a little time booting up after the cache partition is wiped off of its contents as it will rebuild or recreate those caches. Don’t be alarmed if the phone gets stuck on the logo for a minute or two after this just don’t turn it off so that what was deleted will be replaced successfully. So, wait for your phone to become active. Don’t worry, this procedure is very easy and safe to do. You won’t damage your phone just by wiping the cache partition. 

Try resetting your network settings.

STEP 1 OF 7. From the home screen, swipe down to access settings.
STEP 2 OF 7. Tap the settings icon.
STEP 3 OF 7. Tap General Management.
STEP 4 OF 7. Tap Reset.
STEP 5 OF 7. Tap Reset network settings.
STEP 6 OF 7. Tap Reset settings.
STEP 7 OF 7. Tap Reset.

Download updates manually.
On your device, navigate to and open Settings.
Swipe to and then tap Software update, or System updates. It will vary between models.
Tap Download and install, or Check for software updates. If an update is available it will begin downloading, though you may need to tap Download now on some devices.
Software update screen with Download and install option displayed
Caption
When the download is complete, follow the on-screen instructions to install the update.

Try a factory reset.

First, back up all of your data. Navigate to Settings. Search for and select Factory data reset. Tap Factory data reset again, and then tap Reset. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the reset. You may need to enter your Samsung account password or Lock screen password. The phone or tablet will reboot.

Submit an error report after replicating the issue
Samsung Members app > Get help > Send feedback > Error reports

If the tv is causing this. I recommend trying another tv first to check. 

If that helps then on the original tv, perform a factory reset. How to perform this is as follows:

Open Settings, and then select General.
Select Reset, enter your PIN (0000 is the default), and then select Reset.
To complete the reset, select OK. Your TV will restart automatically.
If these steps don't match your TV, navigate to Settings, select Support, and then select Self Diagnosis.

If these troubleshooting steps do not help I recommend letting a service technician have a look. As we would like to gather additional information and look at this from a case by case basis, please provide the full model code and the serial number/ IMEI number of each device as well as your best contact phone number, name, and email.  

Send a message on Facebook 

Send Message on Twitter 

Send Message to Moderator

If your unit is out of warranty and you would like to receive quotes on service/labor from an Authorized Service Center near you, please visit:

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Thank you so much for being a part of our community. I love using my tv to watch things from my phone. Let’s get this situated for you as soon as we can.

Try clearing your phone's cache.

The system cache partition stores temporary system data. It's supposed to allow the system to access apps more quickly and efficiently, but sometimes things get cluttered and outdated, so a periodic cache clearing can help make the system run more smoothly. 
- When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
- An ‘Installing system update’ message will show for 30 – 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
- Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
- Press Power key to select.
- Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
- When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
- Press the Power key to restart the device.
Your phone will take a little time booting up after the cache partition is wiped off of its contents as it will rebuild or recreate those caches. Don’t be alarmed if the phone gets stuck on the logo for a minute or two after this just don’t turn it off so that what was deleted will be replaced successfully. So, wait for your phone to become active. Don’t worry, this procedure is very easy and safe to do. You won’t damage your phone just by wiping the cache partition. 

Try resetting your network settings.

STEP 1 OF 7. From the home screen, swipe down to access settings.
STEP 2 OF 7. Tap the settings icon.
STEP 3 OF 7. Tap General Management.
STEP 4 OF 7. Tap Reset.
STEP 5 OF 7. Tap Reset network settings.
STEP 6 OF 7. Tap Reset settings.
STEP 7 OF 7. Tap Reset.

Download updates manually.
On your device, navigate to and open Settings.
Swipe to and then tap Software update, or System updates. It will vary between models.
Tap Download and install, or Check for software updates. If an update is available it will begin downloading, though you may need to tap Download now on some devices.
Software update screen with Download and install option displayed
Caption
When the download is complete, follow the on-screen instructions to install the update.

Try a factory reset.

First, back up all of your data. Navigate to Settings. Search for and select Factory data reset. Tap Factory data reset again, and then tap Reset. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the reset. You may need to enter your Samsung account password or Lock screen password. The phone or tablet will reboot.

Submit an error report after replicating the issue
Samsung Members app > Get help > Send feedback > Error reports

If the tv is causing this. I recommend trying another tv first to check. 

If that helps then on the original tv, perform a factory reset. How to perform this is as follows:

Open Settings, and then select General.
Select Reset, enter your PIN (0000 is the default), and then select Reset.
To complete the reset, select OK. Your TV will restart automatically.
If these steps don't match your TV, navigate to Settings, select Support, and then select Self Diagnosis.

If these troubleshooting steps do not help I recommend letting a service technician have a look. As we would like to gather additional information and look at this from a case by case basis, please provide the full model code and the serial number/ IMEI number of each device as well as your best contact phone number, name, and email.  

Send a message on Facebook 

Send Message on Twitter 

Send Message to Moderator

If your unit is out of warranty and you would like to receive quotes on service/labor from an Authorized Service Center near you, please visit:

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location