Original topic:

Dark Line Through TV Screen- Only 2.5 years old - DEFECTIVE TV

(Topic created: 05-20-2022 10:09 AM)
ThisSamHatesSamsung
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I purchased my Samsung 4K smart TV Model Code: UN55NU6900 in December 2019. This is a pet and child free home with only one user.

Monday evening, a large horizontal dark line appeared left of center on the screen. I contacted support and after troubleshooting, I was told that I needed to schedule a visit with an authorized repair company. I was contacted by the company today who told me that it will cost $120 + tax just to look at the TV, plus parts and labor to fix it.

This is a known issue with thousands of other Samsung customers reporting the same issue and sharing photographs depicting what thousands of others are experiencing as well.

This is unacceptable! This is a clear and known defect. Samsung has continued to knowingly sell a product that is defective. I am furious! 

If Samsung doesn’t replace this TV, I will never purchase another Samsung product and I will encourage others never to do so as well.

Has anyone who has experienced this issue found a solution that they can do themselves? 

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

5E726417-D42A-48E8-BDF5-71C1CC97586C.jpeg

0 Likes
1 Reply
Roxanne55
Nebula
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
I don't know how they are going to repair that without replacement. Did you purchase any insurance?
0 Likes