(Topic created: 05-28-2023 06:26 PM)
ArielN
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

IMG_9549.jpeg

IMG_9548.jpeg

  

IMG_9547.jpeg

Turned on my 2 year old Samsung TV (QN65Q70T) this morning and noticed these "patches" on my screen. In the morning it was a different "patch" from the ones in the pictures. This evening it transformed to the one you see in the attached pictures. When I look at it from the front, it seems to show almost the same color of the content behind it, but it's like it's slightly "elevated" and I can see the borders of the patch. Looking from the side, they’re all dark.  The one in the morning was at a different location so it's not that it's got bigger. Tried to unplug my tv for a couple of hours (twice), disconnected all devices, ran the built-in tests and it shows on every one of them. It goes away when tv is off. Searched the internet for hours and couldn't find an answer (there were many other types of spots but not like these).

Any idea what's going on?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! That's definitely strange that there is moisture inside your TV. As you did get rid of it that's great to hear. I would recommend making sure there are no possible leaks above or near the TV. As long as it's still working you shouldn't need service but if this occurs again and are unable to fix it like last time I would recommend either calling in directly at 1 (800) 726-7864 or using the link below. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

View solution in context

0 Likes
5 Replies
Gossipfunda
Comet
Options
QLED and The Frame

I'm sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing with your Samsung TV. Based on your description and the attached pictures, it seems like you're dealing with a display problem known as "screen uniformity issues" or "clouding."

Clouding refers to uneven backlighting that can result in patches or spots on the screen. It's more noticeable in darker scenes or when the screen is displaying a solid color. Clouding can be caused by various factors, such as manufacturing defects, pressure on the screen, or inconsistencies in the backlighting system.

Here are a few suggestions you can try to mitigate the issue:

1. Check the backlight settings: Make sure the backlight settings on your TV are properly adjusted. Reducing the backlight intensity might help reduce the visibility of the patches.

2. Perform a factory reset: Try performing a factory reset on your TV to eliminate any software-related issues. Be aware that this will erase any personalized settings and stored data on the TV, so make sure to back up any important information before proceeding.

3. Visit Service Center: If the issue persists after trying the above steps, it's recommended to get in touch with Samsung Service Center. They can provide further assistance and determine if the TV needs to be repaired or replaced.

0 Likes
ArielN
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Thank you for your answer. I’ve already tried turning the brightness down and tinkering with other settings with no luck. Also tried factory reset. 
I’ll call Samsung support in my country tomorrow and see. Taking it to the store is a complicated task. I’ve got this tv less than two years ago and I take great care of it. I have two other Samsung tv’s from 2010 and still going. Very disappointing. 

0 Likes
Diaboyos
Honored Contributor
Options
QLED and The Frame
Does your TV have a pixel refresh feature? If not you could try a pixel refresh video on YouTube. I doubt it would help but you could try it.
0 Likes
ArielN
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

So apparently it was some kind of moisture inside my TV. No clue if it was moisture getting inside the tv or some kind of liquid the tv has inside. Used an hair dryer on a small part. It moved and then went away. Did it on the rest and after some time of strange shifting, it was gone completely. Turned on the tv a couple of hours later and there were no patches or any other visible damage to the screen. I’ll update if it comes back. Thanks. 

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! That's definitely strange that there is moisture inside your TV. As you did get rid of it that's great to hear. I would recommend making sure there are no possible leaks above or near the TV. As long as it's still working you shouldn't need service but if this occurs again and are unable to fix it like last time I would recommend either calling in directly at 1 (800) 726-7864 or using the link below. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

0 Likes