JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Device care result "Screen is blurry and color is strange"

(Topic created: 11-11-2022 01:16 AM)
glavew
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

When I try the device care a new issue pops up "Screen is blurry and color is strange". I didn't update FW recently and I didn't have this issue shows up when I run device care before (on the same ver of FW). I know it always has an issue if you connect to external audio system or turn on auto power off, but this "screen is blurry and color is strange" is new to me.

But I don't think the screen has issue, the screen is not blurry and color looks good to me, but I recently had audio issue, it seems like it has trouble decoding some audio signal, sometimes the audio to my sound bar is just high pitch noise, it won't recover until I switch to TV speaker and switch back to external soundbar again. Also when I turn on the picture clarity setting, I do feel sometimes the judder comes back and then disappear quickly, feels like the processor for video/audio is not working properly.

What does this "screen is blurry and color is strange" really mean, when TV detects this issue, does it mean it detects the processer is not working as expected? I don't think self diagnosis app can really "see" the screen and color, how does it determine the screen is blurry and color is strange? By detecting whether the video processer chip is working properly?

I'm running the latest FW on QN900B

6 Replies
MojoRisin179
Comet
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
Is your TV net service wired or wireless? If wired try a different cable to connect with
glavew
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
It is wireless, I have wired ethernet cable connected also but due to 100mbps ethernet port speed test shows wireless is much faster, so I chose to use wireless. But my cable is fine. Prefabricated Cat6 3 feet cable used by another device without any issue before.
0 Likes
glavew
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
Do you mean this "screen is blurry" issue message is because of slow internet connection? Then why not just say internet speed is slow explicitly instead of this confusing screen blurry message?
0 Likes
MojoRisin179
Comet
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
You got me scratching my head for sure. Does it have remote support option for troubleshooting assistance??
0 Likes
glavew
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
Yes, I see remote support option. Not sure how to use it though. Let me try it and see.
0 Likes
Solution
glavew
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
Tried Samsung technical support and the remote management feature. Long story short, just change picture setting to dynamic mode, the issue will be gone. Switch back to filmmaker mode, issue show up again... The self diagnostic feature seems pretty dumb🤣