JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Directv Streaming box and samsung qn90b

(Topic created: 01-27-2023 04:47 PM)
mpc3y
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

I have just purchased a 75" samsung qn90b and when I connect my directv streaming box via HDMI the tv would quickly flicker. When I was able to set the directv stream box down to 1080i it improved but it still flickers but it is less often however unwatchable. I have tried the other HDMI ports with no change in behavior. I switched it with another box from another tv, with the same result and the box originally connected to the new tv worked perfectly on the other tv. I have downloaded the directv stream app but I am not able to find how to display the directv guide or the list of recorded shows. 

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Diaboyos
Honored Contributor
Options
QLED and The Frame
I had to look up what a stream box was I had never heard of it. I use their dvr. However; if two boxes worked on another TV but not this one it does sound like the TV is the problem. Have you checked for a firmware update for the box and the TV? Have you contacted directv to see what they have to say? You may call or text START to 1-800-726-7864 to contact Samsung directly to ask them if they can be of any help as well but if you're TV is out of warranty they won't be.

View solution in context

6 Replies
Diaboyos
Honored Contributor
Options
QLED and The Frame
Is this while using an older model directv dvr?
0 Likes
mpc3y
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

This is using the directv stream box 

0 Likes
Solution
Diaboyos
Honored Contributor
Options
QLED and The Frame
I had to look up what a stream box was I had never heard of it. I use their dvr. However; if two boxes worked on another TV but not this one it does sound like the TV is the problem. Have you checked for a firmware update for the box and the TV? Have you contacted directv to see what they have to say? You may call or text START to 1-800-726-7864 to contact Samsung directly to ask them if they can be of any help as well but if you're TV is out of warranty they won't be.
mpc3y
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Diaboyos. Thanks for the help. The Tv is brand new and when I set it up I did a software update  and got it up to date. I did the same with the directv box. My next guess is to get a new hdmi cable. I guess my next call is to Samsung 

0 Likes
justwanttowork
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

I'm having HDMI problems with my QN90B and Directv stream box...did you find anything out?

Wondering if QN90B is incompatible with DTV stream box.  I have tried two boxes and both have issues working with the Sammy.

0 Likes
Epgirard
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

I’ve had three different stream boxes on three different Samsung tvs. All do the same thing. Either sound with no picture or lagging picture and sound. Very aggravating. All that fixes it is resetting the DTV box

0 Likes