Original topic:

Dust on tv issues

(Topic created: 04-13-2022 07:23 PM)
MrAntPerky
Comet
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

They suggest that you place your TV in a place that's dust free, etc. Well to the nay-sayers, dust is everywhere and can't be avoided unless you live in a vacuum and directed to air residence that can direct air, dust to a central location to be ionized, collected and dispensed and to be gotten rid of. Unfortunately, we all don't live in a bubble like that or can afford anything like that. So Samsung, can you build future TV's that can help the consumer with the dust issue to help Samsung and the consumer prolong the length of their expensive devices which they may have grown to love and probably paid a good penny for also. Please Samsung, help us help you!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
MrAntPerky
Comet
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
The vents are along the bottom of the TV. Feels like ribs right along the TV on both sides going toward the center. Those are your vents, per Samsung, that you can spray with an air can to keep clean to help the life of your tv.

View solution in context

9 Replies
Diaboyos
Honored Contributor
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
Blowing out the air vents on the TV with compressed air a few times a year is sufficient in most cases.
MrAntPerky
Comet
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
Ok, that I can do. Thank you sir.
0 Likes
MrAntPerky
Comet
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
Where are these vents, are the input connections where the vents, like a combo air vent/input Oris there another area where they are? Thanks a bunch for the info.
0 Likes
Diaboyos
Honored Contributor
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
Without knowing your TV they're likely on the back and/or sides. They're not the input connections. If you want to post some pics of your TV I'll point them out.
MrAntPerky
Comet
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
I was told they(vents), are along the bottom of the set.20220430_183925_6093_1651358365.jpg
0 Likes
Diaboyos
Honored Contributor
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
If they're on the bottom that's an awful place for them considering heat rises.

I looked several places online for that model to try to see where the vents were but never could find a picture showing them so they may be on the bottom. There should be some form of grill over the vents.

Here's a picture of the back of my TV showing the vents so the heat can simply rise right out.
20220430_192010_218349_1651364439.jpg
0 Likes
MrAntPerky
Comet
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
Mine are underneath the bottom and too hard to take a pic of. But now we know and can keep as dust free as possible. Happy viewing sir. Take care, you and family.
MrAntPerky
Comet
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
I see your point, will take a look to see if there are additional vents on top or halfway in between to let out the heat. Will also pose that to Samsung to see what they say also. Thank you sir.
0 Likes
Solution
MrAntPerky
Comet
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
The vents are along the bottom of the TV. Feels like ribs right along the TV on both sides going toward the center. Those are your vents, per Samsung, that you can spray with an air can to keep clean to help the life of your tv.