JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Fatal error while in browser

(Topic created: 03-06-2022 08:35 PM)
userMoJry1ZVQN
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

On a brand new Samsung UN43TU700D, we use the "Internet" feature to watch Fox News.  There are several providers of this Fox channel but we get this error on all of them.

After watching for maybe 7 or so minutes, we get a color bar "test pattern" and the message "A fatal error has occurred, retrying in 7 seconds" and it counts down to 0, retries, and comes back.

This will happen over and over all night, every 5 or 10 minutes.

I've reset our router which runs 50mbs fiber service and also I changed the network connection on the TV to a hardwired ethernet connection instead of the wireless.

All other programs which come over the internet work perfectly with no delays or buffering... it's only when we're using the TV internet browser that this problem occurs.

I don't know if it affects other shows as Fox is the only one we use it for.  You Tube videos work perfectly however.

Very frustrating.

Ideas?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello! I completely understand your concerns about the fatal error with the internet browser. Unfortunately, the internet browser is not meant for streaming. The television doesn't have enough memory like that in a phone or a computer to allow streaming from the browser, you would need the fox application. With the application it could offer better reliability and more features like recording options and etc. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello! I completely understand your concerns about the fatal error with the internet browser. Unfortunately, the internet browser is not meant for streaming. The television doesn't have enough memory like that in a phone or a computer to allow streaming from the browser, you would need the fox application. With the application it could offer better reliability and more features like recording options and etc. 

0 Likes