JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

HDMI signal drops every 2 weeks?

(Topic created: 11-02-2022 07:07 PM)
FrankMtl
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

While I love my 1 year old 50inch 2021 QN90A TV, every 2 weeks or so I I will get a black screen/no sound or video but no audio. The only way to get everything back is to restart the cable box, coincidentally a 4K Samsung rented from my cable distributor. Unplugging/plugging the HDMI cable does not work and switching on/off both devices neither. Only a reset of the cable box (at times even that doesn't work) sets things back to normal.

The TV's HDMI test says the cable is fine, everything else works. I tried different ports to no avail.

I'll buy a new HDMI cable to see if that fixes it. Any suggestions for a good HDMI for 4k TVs?

Could the cable box be at fault? I'd rather change it than have my TV serviced.

Thanks

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userdEhX7f4NBY
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hi:

If you tested this cable with another device with no issues, call your cable provider and see whats the best option to replace your cable-box due to your issue. If they don't provide HDMI cables, make sure you buy at least a Premium Certified Cable, the newest one will be an Ultra Certified Cable.

More info at hdmi.org/resource/cables

Good luck!

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
userdEhX7f4NBY
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hi:

If you tested this cable with another device with no issues, call your cable provider and see whats the best option to replace your cable-box due to your issue. If they don't provide HDMI cables, make sure you buy at least a Premium Certified Cable, the newest one will be an Ultra Certified Cable.

More info at hdmi.org/resource/cables

Good luck!