JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How to Use TV Remote to Control Cable Box

(Topic created: 09-10-2022 11:15 AM)
userFqcftOCSrJ
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Just got a Samsung TV model UN43TU7000FXZA. Trying to get my remote to turn the my Spectrum cable box on. I have it in the correct HDMI port. Any info ON how to do this. The only way to turn the cable box on is by using my old remote.

Thanks

Roy

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SapphireXK
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
Multiple things here.
1. TV may not support CEC.
2. Cable box may not support CEC.
3. If using a splitter or something else, you may be stripping those commands out.

In the TV settings, go to inputs, and it should prompt you to set up a new device. Follow instructions there. If it fails to autoconfigure with CEC, you may need to contact Spectrum.

View solution in context

4 Replies
Solution
SapphireXK
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
Multiple things here.
1. TV may not support CEC.
2. Cable box may not support CEC.
3. If using a splitter or something else, you may be stripping those commands out.

In the TV settings, go to inputs, and it should prompt you to set up a new device. Follow instructions there. If it fails to autoconfigure with CEC, you may need to contact Spectrum.
userFqcftOCSrJ
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Have a new Samsung tv model 43TU7000FXZA. See it up with a Spectrum cable box. Cable box is a few weeks old, and worked with the old tv. With my new tv the remote will turn tv and box on, but won't turn the cable box off. 

Thanks for any help.

0 Likes
user365170tdJ15
Honored Contributor
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
You already posted this 2-3 days ago
0 Likes
userFqcftOCSrJ
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I did but the problem I have now is the remote turns both tv and cable box on , but won't turn cable box off.

0 Likes