JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How to cast from Windows 11 Chrome browser

(Topic created: 12-01-2022 10:11 PM)
J_Wellington_Wimpy
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I just bought a TV, model un75TU700Dfxza.  When I try to cast to it from Windows 11 using Chrome browser version 107.0.5304.122 , the TV shows up on the list of available devices but it is grayed out and I cannot select it.   It says:

"Samsung TU700D 75 TV

Available for specific video sites"

Is there a way to make the cast work for any random video site?  

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
J_Wellington_Wimpy
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

An internet article recommended that I install an optional windows app for a wireless display.  I installed but it did not work.

The help available from the TV recommended to download app from smsng.co/easy and I did.  I supplied my samsung account information.  And on the TV, I setup my samsung account information.  After that, I was able to successfully select the 'PC on TV' option from the 'sources' menu on the TV.  

I think it was the 'easy' app that made it work, but it might have also been a combination of the wireless display app.   

I am still not able to cast from the browser, but mirroring the PC screen is a solution that I can accept.

View solution in context

0 Likes
1 Reply
Solution
J_Wellington_Wimpy
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

An internet article recommended that I install an optional windows app for a wireless display.  I installed but it did not work.

The help available from the TV recommended to download app from smsng.co/easy and I did.  I supplied my samsung account information.  And on the TV, I setup my samsung account information.  After that, I was able to successfully select the 'PC on TV' option from the 'sources' menu on the TV.  

I think it was the 'easy' app that made it work, but it might have also been a combination of the wireless display app.   

I am still not able to cast from the browser, but mirroring the PC screen is a solution that I can accept.

0 Likes