Original topic:

Inconsistent Volume on TV

(Topic created: 09-26-2022 01:17 PM)
jacklol2
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hi there everyone!

I have an RU8000, hooked up via optical to a decent 2.1 soundbar that causes me no issues with other televisions.

However, with the RU8000, the volume is extremely inconsistent. Spotify for example is very, very loud. No matter where I play it. Apple TV and the Samsung OS itself sound the same (ear-busting loud). It sounds just a little quieter on Playstation 5, and much quieter (actually listenable) on Fire TV.

Netflix lives on the other end of the spectrum. It is very quiet on ALL those sources. When switching between spotify and netflix, I have to press volume up about 20 times to hear any consistent dialog.

I've tried both PCM and Dolby Digital. There has to be an issue with the TV regarding HDMI audio input (it is not an option on RU8000), or with the most recent TV update. It was not like this.

Please help me to revert software or something!

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Diaboyos
Honored Contributor
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
In that case, and this won't be the solution you want probably, I'd get rid of the soundbar and get a receiver and speakers. I personally can't stand soundbars.

View solution in context

4 Replies
Diaboyos
Honored Contributor
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
I don't know if that model has this feature or not but look for an equalize volume across all sources option in settings.
jacklol2
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Appreciate your comment!

It does have that option, and it's definitely helpful if I use the TV speakers but sadly doesn't apply to an optical connection.

My Apple TV has that option, but then I turn everything up, and when I switch back to PS5 to game it's once again extremely loud. It's a blanket solution for this problem.

Solution
Diaboyos
Honored Contributor
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
In that case, and this won't be the solution you want probably, I'd get rid of the soundbar and get a receiver and speakers. I personally can't stand soundbars.
jacklol2
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I think I will in the future. It's difficult in my apartment.

My issue is more so the fact that all these sound troubles were caused by the 1401 software update. It worked perfectly before.

0 Likes