Smart TV model code: UN65JU7100 loses connection to the WiFi. This just started a fe months ago. Cable company has been out, I have several other devices on the wifi and this is the only device with issues. I have to turn the TV off then on then it works. Sometimes for a minute other times for longer. It is VERY annoying.
Software Version: T-HKMAKUC-1550.0, BT-S
Sub-micon version: T-HKMAKUS-1023
e-manual version: HMUATSCJ-1.322
Smart Hub info:
Apps version: 1.000
Please let me know of a solution. I have checked other posts in the community and it seems there is no fix that I have found.
Solved! Go to Solution.
Hello, have you tried changing the channel on the router? Especially in apartment situations, you can have a few routers on the same channel and this can create connection and speed issues.
If your TV won't connect to the internet, you should perform a network status test to help you choose which guide you need. Navigate to Settings > General > Network > Network Status and run the test. Pay close attention to any error messages, and whether there is an X between the TV and the router or between the router and the globe.
- If the network drops after the TV was off overnight, and you have an RU7 series UHD TV (RU7100 - RU7300 and RU710D - RU730D), try cold booting the TV (hold the power button down on your remote until the TV turns off and then back on). Then you will be able to reconnect to the internet. A software update will be available to fix this issue soon.
- If at any point you need assistance with configuring settings on your router, contact your ISP if they provided the router, or the manufacturer of the router if it was bought separately.
Check the network status test for an error message.
Power cycle your network equipment.
Reset the TV.
- Navigate to Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis > Reset and enter your PIN (the default is 0000). After the reset, try connecting again.
Make sure your Wi-Fi network is compatible with the TV
Network requirements vary between TVs and are listed in the user manual. As an example, 2018 models NU6***, NU71**, NU72**, and NU73** only support 2.4Ghz networks. They will not even see a 5Ghz network.
If the network is not compatible with the TV, the TV will be unable to see or connect to it.
In most cases, the default settings for home networks are fine. However, if the network settings have been adjusted, confirm that they meet the requirements of the TV.
Disconnect some of your other things that are connected to Wi-Fi:
- The more things you have connected to your Wi-Fi network, the weaker the signal will be. If you have 2 tablets, 3 phones, a refrigerator, and an Xbox, the signal could be very weak. Disconnect all other Wi-Fi devices from the network and then try to connect the TV.
- If this does the trick when none of the previous steps worked, it means you have more devices connected than your router can handle and you should upgrade your router or connect fewer devices.
Try connecting to a different network.
- This is a troubleshooting step to help determine what the issue might be. For instance, if a mobile device with hotspot functionality is available, have it create a network and try to connect the TV to the hotspot. If any other networks are available, they can be tried as well.
- Note: If the TV can connect to any other network, service is not required, and the issue is with the network that you're unable to connect to. Contact your ISP if they provided the router, or the manufacturer of the router if it was bought separately.
If the issue continues, we recommend contacting your ISP or the manufacturer of your router for further assistance. If they help you determine the TV as the source of the issue, service may be required.
Here are some service options:
- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange process.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service processed.
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can private message one of our moderators with your full model and serial number to have service set up. http://bit.ly/33ipYnO
- If you're OUT of warranty, use the following link to locate a service center in your area:
Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.