Original topic:

Issues with firmware 1250.2

(Topic created: 11-13-2021 03:15 PM)
choconut
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hi,

The HDMI output of my Yamaha RX-V385 AVR is connected to my Samsung UN65KU6290FXZA TV. I have a Shield TV and a PS5 connected to the AVR, and both the Shield TV and the PS5 would automatically turn on my TV using CEC.

Last night my TV automatically updated to firmware version 1250.2. Since then, the TV does not turn on anymore when I turn on my Shield TV or my PS5.

I had configured an IR remote control with a few macros to turn everything on in case CEC failed, but since the update to 1250.2, I can no longer turn my TV on by sending it an input or channel up/down IR code; since the update, only a power IR code will do. Why this change?

I will turn off automatic updates, but is there any way I can revert to the previous firmware?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
MsBri1
Neutron Star
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Not a problem, it is my pleasure and I actually would not recommend you do anything differently except to possibly ensure all devices connected are up to date running the latest firmware updates available as an extra precaution, and when power cycling the television, please make sure you do the same with all connected devices as well. Regrettably, some functions or capabilities are subject to be removed or changed, after a software/ firmware update as apparent with your case and we do apologize for any inconvenience. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 Replies
MsBri1
Neutron Star
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello, I'm terribly sorry to hear about this experience, and can definitely understand your frustration. Regrettably, no there is not a way to "revert" or roll back to the previous firmware. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
choconut
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Thanks for your quick response!

Before posting my issue, I had already power cycled my TV, AVR and Shield TV multiple times to no avail. However, after having updated my IR macros (by including a TV power on IR code) and trying out a few of them, I noticed that turning on my Shield TV or my PS5 now turns my TV on again...

It's great that it works again, but issues that disappear for no reason tend to reappear later. Are there steps I should go through after a firmware update to restore CEC functionality?

0 Likes
Solution
MsBri1
Neutron Star
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Not a problem, it is my pleasure and I actually would not recommend you do anything differently except to possibly ensure all devices connected are up to date running the latest firmware updates available as an extra precaution, and when power cycling the television, please make sure you do the same with all connected devices as well. Regrettably, some functions or capabilities are subject to be removed or changed, after a software/ firmware update as apparent with your case and we do apologize for any inconvenience. 

0 Likes