Original topic:

Issues with iPlayer

(Topic created: 10-14-2022 05:28 AM)
userSQIPc5kc5l
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have two issues:

1) iPlayer app is streaming BBC ONE HD, which means I can't get the local news. It has only started doing this since a Samsung technical rep dialled in to try and fix something else! Can anyone tell me how to fix this, as it is extremely annoying.

2) I can obviously watch BBC ONE through iPlayer on the browser, as this works beautifully - except that it thinks we are in the West Midlands region (which we were at one point). However, now we are in London and I want to change the default so we can watch our local news. I can change it, but it doesn't save it so I still get the West Midlands local news.

Help with either or both of these issues would be gratefully received.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I apologize, but you have reached technical support for products manufactured for usage in the United States. Please visit https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html  to find your country's support page.

View solution in context

0 Likes
2 Replies
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
Maybe I'm half asleep, but I'm unclear the point of this post.

Definition:
BBC iPlayer is a video on demand service from the BBC. The service is available on a wide range of devices, including mobile phones and tablets, personal computers and smart televisions.

Okay, so what is Samsung's responsibility for the iPlayer service? You're not clear about this.

Is iPlayer an app on you TV ?

If yes ... even so, since iPlayer is available on various platforms, it seems tech support should happen with a call to BBC support, or a post on a iPlayer forum.

Another thing to note ... this is posted to the US forum, so should actually be posted to the UK forum
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I apologize, but you have reached technical support for products manufactured for usage in the United States. Please visit https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html  to find your country's support page.

0 Likes