JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Light bleeding through UN65J8500 (all JS models)

(Topic created: 01-09-2020 10:31 AM)
user0tC7rduqfk
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello,

I purchased a UN65J8500 3 years ago and just recently, within the last 2 months, I started noticing what looks to be light spots shinning through the panel. These light spots are especially noticeable on solid colors.

I've posted a couple of images of what it looks like:

https://imgur.com/a/l7eRIUK

Is this something that I can fix or is this panel not worth saving?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

cheers,

devin

418 Replies
usery3FxxfjJ9K
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Unrepairable junk.  Physical damage from heat.  Samsung does not stand behind their products.

VKtravel
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I am having the SAME EXACT issue with mine.  I didn't even realize it was ot until I touched it just now.  Please let me know how to repair this issue.  

0 Likes
usery3FxxfjJ9K
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Nothing can be done.  Physical damage from heat.  Avoid Samsung.

0 Likes
usery3FxxfjJ9K
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Unrepairable junk.  Physical damage due to heat.  Samsung does not stand behind their products.  AVOID.

0 Likes
Benchap
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Please Help!

I have the same/similar issue on my UN55JS9000:

1. It displays the vertical light bleed in 2D/3D mode on the left side
  2. It displays vertical shaded (overlap) bars in 3D mode that move/change depending on what's being displayed (both via HDMI and streaming - so not a connection issue)

Light Bleed:

Left Side Light BleedLeft Side Light Bleed

Strange 'moving' vertical bars in 3D Mode:

Left Side Bar AloneLeft Side Bar AloneBars on Both SidesBars on Both SidesRight side bar alone w/light bleed on leftRight side bar alone w/light bleed on left

SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I would be happy to look into this for you. Please send us a private message to the link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
User-Q7MuE8H
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Same issue with mine as well what is the solution to this

0 Likes
userhUIpBPH8wm
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I've been having this issue (bleeding, overheating) for a long time and just randomly stumbled upon this post while looking for replacement parts (I refuse to throw away such a expensive TV). It seems like the moderators here (@SamsungLou) are being responsive and would like to get in touch with them and figure out what are my options. 

SamsungAl
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

@userhUIpBPH8wm Thank you for reaching out! 🙂 Could you send me your full model code, serial number and some photos of your TV where you are having the light bleeding and overheating via private message?

http://bit.ly/2sSxapD

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
usery3FxxfjJ9K
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

As you probably found out Samsung does not stand behind their products.  Occasionally they throw a bone to one of us customers but for the most part they do nothing.  These TV's are unrepairable due to heat damage.  AVOID Samsung.   JUNK!!