JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Light bleeding through UN65J8500 (all JS models)

(Topic created: 09-26-2020 11:07 PM)
user0tC7rduqfk
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello,

I purchased a UN65J8500 3 years ago and just recently, within the last 2 months, I started noticing what looks to be light spots shinning through the panel. These light spots are especially noticeable on solid colors.

I've posted a couple of images of what it looks like:

https://imgur.com/a/l7eRIUK

Is this something that I can fix or is this panel not worth saving?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

cheers,

devin

418 Replies
userbvI4sNaVbO
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

so they gave you a complete display?
all I got were directions to the nearest service center. I was considering replacing the set but the LCD is still vivid and crisp even in 3D

user5UoThDnv80
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

i also have this problem.  My tv only lasted 2 years before this problem.  I did reset,cables, and check for updates.  Nothing worked. Samsung help!  This tv was too expensive to only last 2 years.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

@user5UoThDnv80  Please send us a private message with the full model code, serial number and any ticket numbers that you have: Link

0 Likes
userZoCxwfwYyV
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hi I am also experiencing the same issue. Has anyone been able to solve this issue?

usery3FxxfjJ9K
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

It will.  These TV model's are defective.  Junk.

userHLYFqrc0qO
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have the exact same issue with what I believe to be the exact same 65 inch curved js9000 model! It’s so depressing! I spent a lot of money on this! Money we saved for quite some to get what we really wanted and just out of warranty period or so I believe, it shows signs of this! Even worse! I paid upwards 4K for this display as a brand new model and this beyond discouraging!! What now? I can’t afford another tv, certainly not Samsung and of there top tier as this was! I’m furious!

SamsungKim1
Supernova
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Can I have your full model code and serial number via private message?

0 Likes
userWwdpQsUKUk
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
I have the same model and ours has been steadily worsening for the last year. Now it looks terrible. sounds like everyone is complaining of the same issue. did you get this resolved through Samsung? Our last Samsung we had repaired 4 times before trashing it. Why we purchased another was a made move on our part!
premaz1
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I am having the same issue on a UN65JS8500. This was a common issue on the 2015 & 2016 SUHD Samsung TVs. I'd really like to get this fixed because just as everyone has alluded to this are expensive units. What's worse is that I also have a UN55JS8500 as well that is now starting to do the same thing. Shame on you Samsung....you should really support those who continue to support you!!!

MiguelR
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have the exact same issue with the same 65 inch curved js9000 model! 

Before this one I had a 65" Samsung plasma that had the glass broken and no repait possible from Samsung.
So I spent a lot of money on this curved model back in December 2017! I I have always noticed strange vertival bands or brigth areas (more noticeable watching football). But, right after the warranty it shows signs of light bleeding on both sides ! 

Did anyone had the problem solved after 2 years of buyng the TV ?

This is clearly a bad quality issue so Samsung should provide for replacement even after warranty. In automotive industry they ask the car owners to go to the garage to replace bad quality or problematic parts !

I hav own many Samsung devices (e.g. S1, S3, S6, Note 😎 but I'm really disapointed !