JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Light bleeding through UN65J8500 (all JS models)

(Topic created: 07-25-2019 08:48 AM)
user0tC7rduqfk
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello,

I purchased a UN65J8500 3 years ago and just recently, within the last 2 months, I started noticing what looks to be light spots shinning through the panel. These light spots are especially noticeable on solid colors.

I've posted a couple of images of what it looks like:

https://imgur.com/a/l7eRIUK

Is this something that I can fix or is this panel not worth saving?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

cheers,

devin

418 Replies
userVIRzUJqXj4
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I am having the same issue and after numerous phone calls Samsung wants me to pay for a service call and pay for the repair.  It is really hard to understand that after spending $3000 on a high end Samsung TV that the TV is shot, posing a fire threat to my family and Samsung doesn't care enough to make it right.  This is a known issue.  Unbelievable.  I will never buy another Samsung product again.  Further, it is now my mission to warn everyone that I come into contact with.  Samsung is horrible.

userH4YuxoaAr5
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I am also having this issue. Played with the backlight and picture settings and nothing seems to help. So frustrating to spend so much money on a tv that does this after 3 years. I have crappy Vizio TVs that I bought 10 years ago that don’t do this! Would love to hear from Samsung on how they intend on taking care of their customers.

DCSYSMAN
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I'm going through this now also. I loved this TV until this began and I started reading about all the defuser deffects of their TV's. I've always gave this brand high marks but NEVER AGAIN. These tv's are fire hazards at best now. YouTube has a number videos on how the defuser edges burn and melt plastic onto the led. And I mean burn brown/black it will scare you just thinking about losing your home and possibly your kids to a fire. There should be a CLASS ACTION suit here as this condition happens to a lot of their TV. From what I have read so far they are not going to do a thing about. I'm afraid to even look at the cost.Has anyone here paid the cost of repair?

UN65JS8500 Samsung TV White Spots problem overheating problem, melting problem. Burned/melted Light Diffuser. This is a BIG PROBLEM. 1. To fix this unit, LCD SCREEN needs to be replaced (NOT ECONOMICAL if TV is out of warranty). 2. Can this unit cause more damage (fire, burn etc). 3. Does Samsung
Alwarriorjr
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I will also like a reply from a rep, I have this television and like countless other I'm experiencing faulty functionality on this tv and I find it horrific the YouTube video this person place show the bad side of Samsung I paid good 3 grand for this tv . I want someone to reply to me now.

0 Likes
userBcZTaPRAWj
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I am having the same issue, if you could please answer two important questions? One: Has Samsung repaired this at their cost or did you have to pay for it?

Two: How much did it cost if you had to pay for it?

Thanks for any info you can give, having read this thread, I do not see any answer to everyones issue except the Samsung guys brushing it off as an out of warrenty repair and not taking any responsbility for TV's that cost thousands of dollars three years ago that are useless today.

usergYMjPdJ4I6
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hi I'm in the UK and my Samsung 

D UE48JS8500 Smart 3D Ultra HD 4k 48" Curved LED TV is exactly the same which is disappointing and frankly not good enough. It is obviously a design failure and Samsung are letting their customers down. Samsung uk customer services are terrible! 

0 Likes
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

@usergYMjPdJ4I6; Thank you for stopping by the US support page! We only support US models here, so to receive assistance with your device, please visit: http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
usertWXL4W8seB
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have this same exact issue with an UN55JS8500 that I bought in February of 16'.  The issue has been present I'd say a little over a year after purchase and figured nothing could be done about it.  I've loved my previous Samsung TV but dropping $1400 on a TV for it to look this bad after 3 years is concerning.  I've had my previous Samsung for 7 years and it still functions like and charm with no burn in...

0 Likes
userk1kV7TMTth
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I’m having the same issue, contacted support and they told me to call a local tv repair shop since the tv is out of warranty. Support was zero help.

EF763254-46FE-4D8B-AFA7-FDC7ACF0AA8E.jpeg

Reilley
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello,

I have been fighting with this same backlight bleed issue on this television for some time since i purchased it in July 2015.  I just recently opened a service ticket to have a tech come out and address the issue, but have been told by Lakes Electronics (your authorized service provider) that the displays for this model are NO longer available and even if they were, it would be $1500-$1800 to replace.

So what does one do when the company that you purchased a $3400 television from no longer has replacement parts?  The display not only shows this light bleed, but the back of the television along the edges is hot to the touch.  I would think Samsung would have a solution for this even now.

Samsung TV.jpg