JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Light bleeding through UN65J8500 (all JS models)

(Topic created: 01-16-2019 12:54 PM)
user0tC7rduqfk
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello,

I purchased a UN65J8500 3 years ago and just recently, within the last 2 months, I started noticing what looks to be light spots shinning through the panel. These light spots are especially noticeable on solid colors.

I've posted a couple of images of what it looks like:

https://imgur.com/a/l7eRIUK

Is this something that I can fix or is this panel not worth saving?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

cheers,

devin

JUMP TO SOLUTION
418 Replies
JLieu
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

As luck would have it, I started having this issue this year as well--same timeline and model as everyone else.

I choose Samsung because of their quality and reptutation after years of sticking with Sony BRAVIA.

And for the first few years, it was great...until now with this light bleeding issues.  On the other hand, my 9-year old BRAVIA, while not as stellar in terms of 4K and quantum dot technology, still looks great and running strong.

I would love to stick with Samsung going forward, but this issue definitely needs to be remedied for my continued confidence and business.

SamsungBleed.jpg

SamsungBleed2.jpg

0 Likes
user0kFungGtNP
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have the same issue as everyone else. I bought the UN65JS8500 from Best Buy in late 2015. 3 years later, I have serious backlight bleed or flashlighting and the entire screen has become noticeably dimmer. It is difficult to lower the backlight and brightness because it seems the entire screen has become dimmer. Samsung informed me that a replacement screen is not available anymore.  They offered me a 25 percent refund which I am reluctant to accept. I don't understand why no one is updating the outcome of their answer from Samsung.  What is Samsung offering everyone else? 

0 Likes
userrWuh0STqXM
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I noticed noone updating thier answers either

0 Likes
mjohn026
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Samsung offered me about $500 for my tv or a replacment one that costs about $450 at BJ's. Not acceptable offers.

0 Likes
samej71
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

What was the model they offered as a replacement? Does it have the same or better specs than the UN65JS8500?

0 Likes
user4dbcwW9QxA
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Har samme problem selv har prøvd kontakte samsung nÃ¥ se hva jeg kan gjøre. Store blødninger pÃ¥ siden av skjermen. IMG_20191127_195721.jpg

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

@user4dbcwW9QxA   Thank you for this information! This forum is for support of US products and customers. As your product is a non-US model and support for these models is very limited, please seek a support team for your area. You can do so by using this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitcountrysite.html. Thanks! 

0 Likes
usergNW8Zz5GFs
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I am also having the light bleed issue on a Un55js8500.  It started a few weeks ago and seems to be hot on the edges where the bleeding is occurring.  i chatted with a Samsung Rep who led me through a series of resets that did not help and ended up telling me that I need a service call. It does not seem right to have to pay for an apparent defect in Samsung product. Is there a class action lawsuit since this seem to be a problem for many people? Any solutions to help resolve this?

SamsungAl
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

@usergNW8Zz5GFs This does sound super frustrating! Mind sending me a private message with the full model and serial number as well as some photos of the TV?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userzlhEm12L1z
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Im having the same problem with this TV.  Seems like all these models have the same exact problem. Looks like a BUG to me ?  Not sure I will every purchase another  Samsung Product.