JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

MELTING TV/FIRE HAZARD

(Topic created: 01-21-2022 05:15 PM)
userFgYB5HiFW6
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I purchased the UN65JS8500FXZA brand new in 2016 for $3200.00 It's barely used and sits on a TV stand. Within the last year white lines started bleeding through from the sides. After doing research I discovered there is thousands people with the same problem. It's a manufacturing defect. There is a flimsy plastic liner that holds the LED lights in place. It's called a diffuser and it's melting. This TV is destroying itself. After many calls with Samsung I was given an extended warranty to replace the parts but I would have to cover labor and I was fine with that. A week later I talked to Samsung again and now they tell me they can't get the parts despite the fact that they still sell this TV. I am now waiting to receive a call from a manager to find out how they will compensate me or honor this waranty. I have an email proving I was given the warranty. Samsung had to know about this manufacturing defect because of how many people have the exact same problem and still continue to sell this product. I just went to Samsung's website again after writing this and now you can't buy UN65JS8500FXZA, lol. It's very strange how this TV was suddenly made unavailable after I raised an issue about it. PURPOSELY SELLING DEFECTIVE EQUIPMENT TO MAKE A PROFIT IS WRONG ANY WAY YOU LOOK AT IT. I WANT TO KNOW WHAT SAMSUNG IS GOING TO DO TO REMEDY THIS SITUATIONIMG_0460.jpgLED lights melted plastic diffuser inside UN65JS8500FXZA.jpg

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I can definitely understand how frustrating this may be. I recommend letting a service technician have a look. As we would like to gather additional information and look at this from a case by case basis please provide the full model code and the serial number of the device as well as your best contact phone number, name, and email.  

Send a message on Facebook 

Send Message on Twitter 

Send Message to Moderator

View solution in context

2 Replies
userxOfiYISw86
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
Is happening with my tv too
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I can definitely understand how frustrating this may be. I recommend letting a service technician have a look. As we would like to gather additional information and look at this from a case by case basis please provide the full model code and the serial number of the device as well as your best contact phone number, name, and email.  

Send a message on Facebook 

Send Message on Twitter 

Send Message to Moderator