JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Netflix not working on Samsung Smart TV

(Topic created: 09-02-2017 07:13 AM)
michaelgeraci
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have HU8550, SEK 3500 set-up. Firmware 1453. Netflix app has been reinstalled. I still get the "cannot play title at this time" message on every title. Netflix works fine on all other devices in my house. Any ideas?

581 Replies
userrySyic7Qn9
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I'm not sure if there is any difference in these two actions.  

But exiting via the cog wheel always works for me (for now anyway). exiting the other ways don't work. 

0 Likes
user2Fx7oH1q6D
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I don't know why Samsung & Netflix can't find a solution to this problem. I called both Netflix & Samsung help desk and they both blame each other. It looks bad on Samsung because you buy their TVs just so as to watch Netflix and you have this problem.

Come on Samsung fix this problem once and for all. 

0 Likes
userrySyic7Qn9
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

i uderstand how you feel. Thing only thing i can do is find solutions and not worry about samsung and netflix

I bought a smart plug so if it ever freezes again at least i wont need to unplug the tv. Just turn it off via the phone

0 Likes
userOY7YawvZc2
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Exiting Netflix never worked for me either. Would always eventually freeze again.

However, signing out of Netflix everytime has solved the problem. Go to the cog and select "sign out" instead of "exit netflix." By signing out you will have to re-enter your password eachtime you want to open Netflix, but I can live with the added 5 second that takes.

Been loging out of Netflix after each use for about two months now without the app ever freezing. Works perfectly.

0 Likes
Chanfle
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

After dealing with Samsung support I bought a Chromecast ultra to avoid these half baked apps that come with the set and my quality of life with this TV has improved dramatically. I suggest you guys give that a try. 

0 Likes
user2Fx7oH1q6D
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I'm thinking of doing the same thing. 

0 Likes
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Agree with the above two posts.  Not that this excuses Samsung, but unless your TV is returnable the hassle of dealing with Samsung to get anything fixed is not worth the 50-100 bucks that a 4k streaming device costs.  Whether that is connecting to the internet or poor app development.

0 Likes
userC7PqemC1Jk
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I had the same issue on a Samsung 49" 6 series MU6100, purchased Aug 23 2017.

Upgraded my router from a Linksys G 54mbs to a DLink AC1750 5G mbs

Upgraded the Cat5 to a Cat6e cable.

Why?

Netflix requires a minimum 25mbs but preferably 50mbs, I was running borderline at 20-25mbs, now running at 60-70mbs.

This sped up the Apps like Youtube but unfortunately still no Netflix.

I tried to delete Netflix and reload but could not access Netflix's blank screen and the ring of death..

Reset numerous times.

Tried all the "secret" DNS codes 8888 8844 42221 4222 etc nothing worked.

Finally I put batteries in the standard remote.

Pressed Settings, then General, then Smart Features and deactivated "Autorun Last App"

Turned off TV restarted and now have access to Netflix.

Make sure whenever you leave Netflix press the "Exit Netflix" button.

Good Luck !!!

0 Likes
userRuyhbpb1x4
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I am seriously going to cry right now... I have been trying to figure out how to get Netflix to work for 5 hours. The trick was the "Autorun Last App". I was just about to give up but this actually ended up working. Thank you so much for the information!

0 Likes
usercwamBQDGMN
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Unplugging both did not do the trick for us. Within 20 minutes Netflix wasn’t working again. This is a constant issue and I’m not a tech person. So frustrating. Any advice please? Thanks!

0 Likes