JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Netflix not working on Samsung Smart TV

(Topic created: 02-21-2017 09:27 AM)
michaelgeraci
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have HU8550, SEK 3500 set-up. Firmware 1453. Netflix app has been reinstalled. I still get the "cannot play title at this time" message on every title. Netflix works fine on all other devices in my house. Any ideas?

581 Replies
user8KaECoie2L
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I would try unplugging the TV again, restarting TV and Netflix, then exit Netflix from the Netflix menu.  I found that as long as I exited Netflix from the menu "Exit Netflix" then Netflix worked OK.  

If you're tired of fiddling with this, you could buy a Roku, or Apple TV or similar device to do your streaming through.  Samsung is truly disgusting and I'll not purchase another TV from them.

0 Likes
userjDEO10AB1D
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Same problem streaming any movie apps (Like you know the big popular movie services ones that you cant mention on here or the post will not be allowed I am just informed when I tried to post about a couple particular streaming movie services  and the TV constantly buffers and you get to watch it spinning around buffering instead of watching a movie.  Services work like a charm on three other tv's, two computers, etc., but not a single response from Samsung on a fix to this problem even though over 235,000 people have asked for one. I have updated software, firmware, unplugged, held power button down 30 seconds to dump cache and this is simply a Samsung engineering issue which they will not provide solution as their is not one I strongly suspect. In short do not purchase a Samsung smart TV as mine I paid thousands and it really PO's me to get no replies from Samsung even if to say "Sorry, the cheap video card and usb or whatever in your TV makes this impossible to be corrected". At least then we would all be able to stop trying the fixes for nothing or calling your ISP (ISP is not the problem people dont waste your time I checked my bandwidth on ATT 4 network is blazing and I am only 1 mile from fiber tie so mine is really fast. So Samsung trust me I will no longer EVER buy Samsung - cant afford to replace the stuff when you pay for quality TV you should deliver same or at minimum an honest explanation of the problem.

0 Likes
userVAwvNcAzQV
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I did everything on here that everyone suggested and it did not work.  I finally unpugged the tv, plugged it back in and netflix worked again.

0 Likes
Raythedestoyer
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I pointed the remote at the tv, held down power till tv shut off: SUHD came up on the screen (I've never seen that before).  I held the power button down till it turned the tv on again, and Netflix works.  This has to be actually shutting the tv off.

0 Likes
userYj8uW8Nbfl
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

See my post for a link

If you are not getting a new sign in request with a password you are not exiting netflix

After you go through the power on procedure of your TV the sign in request with password indicates a new install of netflix has taken place. If you call netflix support they can walk you through it. Took me 1/2 hour on the phone.

0 Likes
userJImTFSyAmJ
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Thanks, 

I have just read your other post but it is not clear what the exact order of steps is. There is a re-install option for apps when you press and hold the select button for an app on the 'apps' page but this doesn't seem to do anything. 

How do you do your reinstall? I can see that you do a hard power off but what then, do you sign out before or after this? and how do you get the app to reinstall. 

Thanks,

Jon

0 Likes
user6flYU0HqqC
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
Simple fix . Unplugging the set and then turning it on fixed the Netflix problem.
userCFZODJbi4s
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Thank you!

0 Likes
userckJyZa7qnQ
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have a 60"ks8000. Netflix partly downloaded. Sometimes. Sometimes not at all. I'm running on wireless.  I went to settings, then Network settings and checked my connection. Said I was connected. Then went to ISP settings below that. Clicked on it  and arrowed  down to DNS.  ( I clicked on connect manually) My 4 digits were 0000) changed it to 8888 and that fixed my issue. When I called Samsung she said this was correct. Put 8888 on DNS manually. 

My YouTube app did not work either. Went to smart hub "apps" found YouTube. I clicked on YouTube and held select button on my remote for 3-4 seconds and a bar popped up on the side of the app. One option was to reinstall which I selected. That reinstall fixed that YouTube app. Hope this helps someone. 

SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

We're glad that you're up and running.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes