JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Netflix not working on Samsung Smart TV

(Topic created: 02-26-2017 08:00 PM)
michaelgeraci
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have HU8550, SEK 3500 set-up. Firmware 1453. Netflix app has been reinstalled. I still get the "cannot play title at this time" message on every title. Netflix works fine on all other devices in my house. Any ideas?

581 Replies
userhOrscrASO6
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

What does that mean to "log out/reinstall" on the tv?  I didn't install Netflix, it came with it.  And, I only get a black screen when trying to connect, so there's no way to log out.  I've got an 8-series Samsung.  I had this problem a few months ago, but seemed to get it to work again by just connecting to something else like Youtube and then going back to Netflix.  Happening again and I only get blackscreen.  Anyone else??

0 Likes
user8KaECoie2L
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

When I only get a black screen when trying to start Netflix, I found that unplugging the TV from the wall, waiting two minutes, then plugging it back in allowed me to start Netflix.

Then, once finished watching Netflix, I use the back-arrow key to back out until I get to a menu that has "Exit Netflix."  I click on "Exit Netflix" and wait until the "App banner" at the bottom of the screen disappears.  As long as I keep doing that,  Netflix seems to start OK each subsequent time.

0 Likes
userhOrscrASO6
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Thanks very much.  I happened upon the "unplug the tv" technique on a different thread and it resolved my issue last night.  Going forward, I'll look to do the exit thing as you've suggested.   (I haven't ever noticed an "Exit Netflix" prompt - will look, though.)  🙂

0 Likes
userwhfhfv7HQe
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

ultimately uninstalling and re installing the Netflix app did work, but  it  required multiple tries and wasn't that easy. in order to avoid the "black screen" problem again after re install of Netflix, I had to delete it again, power down and then hard reboot my entire network as well as the TV.  and this is on a one month old Samsung KS 8000 with the latest firmware and software installed. I hope that Samsung fixes this issue because this is a lot of work to get Netflix which is one of the main apps to work properly in the Smart hub

0 Likes
userddDTYefOFs
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I cannot get Netflix to uninstall so that I can reinstall it. 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello userddDTYefOFs, what is your current firmware? Have you tried a Smart Hub reset?

0 Likes
user0ZmsRpCSyS
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have the same problems with my NEW Samsung Smart TV - but here is the CRUMMY solution.. but it does seem to work:

Unplug the TV for 15 seconds.   It resets Netflix without losing the login credentials.. so you won't need to re enter your username and PW for all the apps, including Netflix.   If you can't reach the plug because it's behind the wall mounted TV (like mine), go flip the breaker on your electrical panel for 15 seconds. 

Hope this helps you.  But still, SAMSUNG:  FIX THIS RIDICULOUS PROBLEM PLEASE!!!!

0 Likes
user0ZmsRpCSyS
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Smart Hub reset forces you to lose all your login credentials with all your Smart Hub apps... this is NOT A VIABLE solution. This should not be happening. Samsung you should fix this in an update, like 6 months ago.

I will not be repurchasing Samsung now that I can see you don't care about taking care of existing customers. 

0 Likes
kaza4len
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

faced with the issue that I can watch any of advised or previously opened videos, however cannot use any buttons like pause or options or back. whatever except home. Anytime I was trying to just start Netflix app I couldn't even choose my account.

Solution was to reboot the TV itself with unplugging it from the electricity for 2 minutes

0 Likes
userJImTFSyAmJ
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have tried many of the proposed solutions. Even quitting via the cog menu. 

The only thing that corrects the problem is unplugging the tv for a minute or so then turning it back on. 

This is completely unacceptable, both Samsung and/or Netflix need to provide a fix for this. 

0 Likes