JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Netflix not working on Samsung Smart TV

(Topic created: 03-01-2017 09:14 AM)
michaelgeraci
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have HU8550, SEK 3500 set-up. Firmware 1453. Netflix app has been reinstalled. I still get the "cannot play title at this time" message on every title. Netflix works fine on all other devices in my house. Any ideas?

581 Replies
userJImTFSyAmJ
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
WHERE ARE SAMSUNG REPRESENTATIVES???
0 Likes
userJImTFSyAmJ
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

WHERE ARE THE SAMSUNG REPRESENTATIVES???

THIS NEEDS A FIX.

0 Likes
Samsung_Stephanie
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hey guys. We've been watching the thread so no worries, we are definitely here. Basic Application troubleshooting is as follows:

-unplug the TV for a moment

-Make sure TV firmware is up-to date

-Make sure apps are up-to date (Can provide steps if needed)

-test force closing the app (Press exit/return until the app closes without prompt)

-test a smart hub reset (Can provide steps if needed)

-test a factory reset of the TV (Can provide steps if needed)

If all of the above has been completed, and this is only happening with a single application - talk to the app developer because it's an app issue. 

For in warranty units Samsung can set up to have a technician out at any point that you request it. But in the event the technicians find no fault with the TV itself, they can sometimes charge for the diagnosis. This is why Samsung stresses so hard to talk to the app developers or the app's support team. (Where one is available of course - not all apps have a support line to call) 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
user0ZmsRpCSyS
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Samsung Cole -    So we all have this same problem. Freezes with Netflix and sometimes Amazon. Sounds like you are saying it's not Samsungs problem but rather the app developers - Netflix and Amazon?

Your post hasn't helped any of us get closer to solving the problem.   However, Samsung could post a fix and allow us to download the latest software version, which in turn would make us say "Thank you Samsung for caring about your customers and not just passing the problem off on someone else!!"

We all bought YOUR TV.   You are resposnsible for talking to Netflix/Amazon or any apps which you KNOW are CRITICAL to most of us - and getting the fix in, so we can stop unplugging our TVs.

My TV is wall mounted and so the plus is not reachable - it's tucked behind the 50 lb. television up on the mount - so I can't even reach the plug without unmounting the monster TV from wall. 

Lets get back to the point:   YOUR TV has a problem, which is the software you bundled with it, and advertised to us. You have a relationship with Netflix. They CARE about you. They do not listen to individuals with TV issues. That's not a workable solution when you tell us to go talk to the app developers. It's downright insulting actually.  You could use your pull to get a fix done, but you tell us to go talk to Netflix?? Really? 

Please reply and help us. We really need help from Samsung.  Thank you.

Tim 

0 Likes
userK1EAXXWh9N
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I'm also getting this problem on my new KS8000 49". Netflix will hang on the "Who's watching Netflix" screen, with the remote becoming unresponsive (apart from the home button).

On the home screen, I am able to select Netflix, and then go up to the bar with the recently watched shows on Netflix, and then select these to play that show. However, once viewing the show, I am still unable to use the remote to go back, pause or anything. Only the home button works.

Turns out my new Smart TV isn't that smart after allif it can't even handle Netflix.

I agree with the comment above, this is a SAMSUNG problem. If there's a problem with the app, it's up to SAMSUNG to get it fixed, not the individual users. Not impressed at all with Samsung's attitude on this. Really poor.

0 Likes
userK1EAXXWh9N
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
Why not give us an option to FORCE CLOSE the Netflix app, so we can restart it.
0 Likes
Samsung_Stephanie
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

You do have that option actually, to force close an app you press and hold the exit/return button until the app closes without prompt. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userNzMHO2xrxl
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Since the remote does not respond when netflix freeze, the exit/return button won't work and netflix won't close.

0 Likes
userNzMHO2xrxl
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

So holding the exit/return button does NOT force close the app.  It only let you return you to the smart hur submenu. Netflix will still not work and it is still in "freeze mode". 

0 Likes
userK1EAXXWh9N
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
As mentioned above, when Netflix freezes at the "Who's watching Netflix?" page, the back button doesn't work at all. The only button to work is the Home button.

There should be a way to force close the app without being in the app.

Ridiculous that a company the size of Samsung have problems with a basic app like Netflix.
0 Likes