JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Netflix not working on Samsung Smart TV

(Topic created: 03-04-2017 06:10 AM)
michaelgeraci
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have HU8550, SEK 3500 set-up. Firmware 1453. Netflix app has been reinstalled. I still get the "cannot play title at this time" message on every title. Netflix works fine on all other devices in my house. Any ideas?

581 Replies
user0ZmsRpCSyS
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hey SAMSUNG COLE - could you please do us all a small favor - since you're not willing to take responsibility for this issue (you told me to go talk to the developers instead):    

Could you do us the small favor of going to your engineers and finding out if they are planning to post a fix to this issue and when, roughly we should expect it?   

We would all be VERY INTERESTED in hearing back from you on that. Thank you.

0 Likes
user2Fx7oH1q6D
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Agreed! Funny thing they both blame each other.

0 Likes
userNzMHO2xrxl
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
Hi.
I got the same ridiculus problem on my two weekend old 55ks7005 (bought in Sweden).
It has been freezing since Day one and the only help from Samsung is to update software and restart Smarthub?!?!? Usless!

I tried to reinstall netflix last night but the problem is still here today.

I have notice that a quick fix is to hold Down the power button untill the tv restart (it will turn off then a suhd text comes on and the tv will start) and the freezing is gone.

But the problem will be back. If this is not revolver soon i will return the tv.
/John
0 Likes
user4V8ZmhKJPn
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Please remove this because it is not a solution and someone posted an actual solution that cant be marked one cause this is up.

0 Likes
userE9lNLGWZuQ
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
This does work. But it;s not the solution. Why would you need to sign out of Netflix, reinstall the app, and then sign back in every time you try to watch??

The fact is they don't car what issues people have with their products. The picture is top notch, is the only reason i suffer their pitiful excuse for an OS.

How to fix a black screen when you try to watch Netflix is to unplug the tv, wait 120 seconds, then plug back in. Start the tv and it should update the stupid Netflix app, like it SHOULD DO WHENEVER YOU TURN IT OFF!!!!!!! Not the moment you sit down to start watching something.

Smart Tvs from Samsung are just as smart as Sammy Ho himself.
0 Likes
userZWHmkxtYWN
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I just got a 4 series/4500 Samsung Smart tv.  I have no inputs but connected it to wifi and successfuly accessed my netflix account when prompted during the set up.  I started watching a cartoon that came up on netflix for a minute but then pushed the source button, lost the picture and cannot access anything with the remote.  I tried for an hour but came up only with a blank screen.  How do i use the remote to get back onto Netflix?  

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Could you provide the full model of the television?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
userZWHmkxtYWN
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

It was a gift that I gave and I do not presently have access to the tv.  It was a 32" that I purchased in Best Buy for approximately $220 last week.   I should be able to get the serial # in a few days.

Thanks.

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

We look forward to hearing back from you.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
userKtoEIQvU46
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Would i be able to return my tv under extended warranty due to this Netflix problem

0 Likes