JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Netflix not working on Samsung Smart TV

(Topic created: 03-04-2017 09:37 AM)
michaelgeraci
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have HU8550, SEK 3500 set-up. Firmware 1453. Netflix app has been reinstalled. I still get the "cannot play title at this time" message on every title. Netflix works fine on all other devices in my house. Any ideas?

581 Replies
userHvJYcfjAs1
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

So the solution is for Samsung to assign an employee to each Samsung smart TV that's ever been sold.  This employee would be responsible for rebooting his or her assigned TV every time the app locks up. TV mounted on the wall? No problem.  Samsung employee will take it down, unplug/replug it and remount it.  TV in an entertainment center? Samsung employee will jockey the TV around to get to the plug.  

Consumers expect products to work right out of the box. They also expect customer service to fix them when they don't. Neither of these is happening here.

user2Fx7oH1q6D
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

YES PEOPLE I AGREE WITH TIM. Samsung is evading this whole problem. I will do the same from my end. I live in Trinidad & Tobago. Samsung rep on the island doesn't know either what to do. They want to charge me just for a technician to come look at my TV. My TV is only 4 months old. 

Samsung Cole show this to your engineers. 

I'm very serious about telling other people about not buying your smart tvs.

0 Likes
user52QAqXKk9s
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

This response is totally on point - I am not that high tech but found this so easy to follow - thanks heaps 🙂

0 Likes
Eileen2
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

This helped me too.  Thank you.   I almost went crazy trying to get Netflix to open.    I actually have second user logins for both Netflix and Foxtel.  Neither of these companies honor the second user login on Smart TV.  I will not subscribe to them.   I use HDMI Cable connected to the Samsung Smart TV and Laptop PC just like I did with my other Sony TV.   

Is it legal to offer these extra options / user logins, then stop people from using them?   Trade Practice Law?   Fair Trading?  Might just start dialog with them.  

Thanks again for the cold reboot suggestion.  Well done.

0 Likes
userPfsrjqQRwf
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Turning the power off, waiting then back on worked for me. Resetting Smarthub never worked because it kept asking me for a pin number I never set up.  Just as well. The power on off was much less stressful after trying unsuccessfully to uninstall Netflix and Amazon. 

0 Likes
useroJOHoDlrfo
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Thanks. I just bought my Samsung Smart TV so I have the "luxury" of returning the thing if it can't be made to "play nice" with Netflix. I've already spent too many hours and headaches trying to communicate with Samsung and Netflix and searching GOOGLE.

This idea makes sense. I try it for a couple of days and either buy a remote control on|off power switch or return the TV and get an LG or a SONY.

0 Likes
userpS8vwL2FaV
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hi there, 

Bought a Serif TV a couple of month ago, Netflix was running fine until a few weeks back. 

It is now stuck at 25% and I have to switch off /on the TV every 10 minutes or so in order to reload Netflix.

I tried to unplug the TV for 1 minute, ten minutes, an entire night but the problem still occured.

It seems that I can't uninstalled the app on the TV but I did tried to block any smarthub updates, that doesn't fix it either.

Can anyone help me with this one please ? 

Samsung Serif Tv is mentionned on the Netflix charging error message as this model : SAMSUNG_UE40LS001

Netflix version is : nrdapp 2014.1.5 /nrdlib 2014.1.5 / mdxlib 2014.1.5/ mdxjs 4.316-428 / nrdjsv2.23.9

useriqlHBk9eVl
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have the same problem, netflix app appears to be part of the samsung firmware on my TV,  only app I cannot remove and reinstall  I think. I have a Samsung blu ray player too, guess what exactly the same problem with netflix, everything else work fine on both tv and blu ray player except Netflix. Samsung you are about to lose a heap of customers very quickly. Netflix I suggest you get your heads out of the sand and start putting some pressure on samsung to fix their poor quality products or you also are about to lose a heap of customers next month. By the way Stan and all other apps work fine. The Samsung bluray ray player when won't connect to netflix, I can check network it checks and connects to 3 out of the 4 netflix servers but won't connect to server 3 and that's the problem. 

Samsung has not updated the netflix app in thier tv and blue ray firmwares and is running an old netflix app. But alot of samsung devices you cannot unis tall and reinstall the app. Samsung has to do a firmware update. I have contacted samsung service who remotely connected to my TV,  but could not fix the problem,  they were going to escalate the problem and they would ring back in 24 hours. That was 3 days ago and nothing from samsung. Samsung has no idea of customer service at all.

SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Could you provide the model of the television?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
babybluepumpkin
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Netflix and Amazon Video both will not play any titles on either of our Samsung TVs for at least the past month. We have no problem watching on our laptops, phones, iPads, or on our Sony TV or through the Xbox. Just went through the long process of having a Samsung rep access the TV remotely, including restoring the TV to factory settings and restarting the SmartHub. Nothing worked. They are telling me someone will contact me in 2 days, but after seeing this 41-page thread, I'm not sure that will ever happen. This is a known problem that Samsung isn't addressing quickly enough. The rep on my chat should have been aware of this issue and that there is currently no resolution.

0 Likes