JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Netflix not working on Samsung Smart TV

(Topic created: 05-27-2016 04:46 PM)
michaelgeraci
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have HU8550, SEK 3500 set-up. Firmware 1453. Netflix app has been reinstalled. I still get the "cannot play title at this time" message on every title. Netflix works fine on all other devices in my house. Any ideas?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
581 Replies
userx91R4UFf9h
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

My remote regularly stops working for access to the guide and I am watching broadcast tv. Pressing the channel button does not bring up the guide powering off the tv does correct the problem for awhile but then it stops working again. I was a strong proponent of Samsung before this tv. It is clear to me and the rest of this forum that Samsung has lost its way. If they do not correct this soon I willl switch to LG or Sony and get rid if the frustration. 

0 Likes
user0ZmsRpCSyS
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Another user said:       "My remote regularly stops working for access to the guide and I am watching broadcast tv. Pressing the channel button does not bring up the guide powering off the tv does correct the problem for awhile but then it stops working again."

I have this same problem.  It happens every few days or so.    I tried holding down the Power button on remote for about 15 seconds the other day and it seemed to correct the problem, although it also caused the TV display to show 4 screens instead of one.. it caused a video glitch.. but the glitch went away after changing the channel a couple times. 

Again, THANKS SAMSUNG FOR NOT HELPING US and for NOT TAKING RESPONSIBILITY after selling us your expensive TVs.   Surely we will be smarter next time. I already had the need for a new TV and didn't even consider Samsung, due to their lack of customer care, and lack of customer respect. 

BTW, I wrote to the Samsung Facebook page to see if anyone could help us with the NEtflix freezing problems there, and no reply after a week.  

user0ZmsRpCSyS
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

ANY OWNERS who are still able to return their Samsung "Dumb" TVs should DO SO IMMEDIATELY.  

Your problems with your TV will not get better.. they will get worse.  I'd return mine to BestBuy except I've had it for 7 months already.

Save yourself while you still can - if you're still inside your return window, take it back ASAP and get another brand. 

Samsung clearly couldn't give a you-know-what about any of us who paid $800 for a TV, as evidenced by their non-response to most of our posts and by their official stance which is "It's not our fault, you users need to go talk to Netflix and concince their engineers to fix their apps - it's on you guys, we are just the TV maker. We don't guarantee that the Netflix app will work - we just put a huge Netflix logo on the box to trick you dummies." 

Take your Samsung TV back ASAP if you can. You won't be sorry. 

Still waiting for Samsung to help us.   (crickets.......) 

0 Likes
userI46qrK03fD
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I did do the hold down the pwoer button and it does reset the TV.  I had this problem on an older set with MLB.TV and did get MLB to admit they needed to fix something.

They did do it eventually.

0 Likes
userI46qrK03fD
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Just spent 30 minutes on the phone with Netflix.  They were great.  They said doing a smart hub reset will fix it in most cases. Otherwise you have to do a reinstall of the app.  Which we all know is difficult.

they know this bug exists - but it is  not everywhere 

0 Likes
userXTzZWudSxT
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Not sure if this will work for anyone else but I've been having the same issues and just tried re-pairing the remote to the tv and it is now responsive with netflix, no unplugging of the tv. Provide feedback if it works for anyone else. 

0 Likes
userT6hXH9MPS5
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

How did you re-pair the remote to the TV? 

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

userT6hXH9MPS5, What model television do you have?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
user8iiIW6HMsP
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

How would any solution given on this forum be "acceptable" for a new Samsung smart tv? 

0 Likes
userXTzZWudSxT
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Re-pair by holding back and pause/ play. But it happened again and it didn't work but sometimes it does, it's clearly a software defect but some of these tricks might get you by till an update

0 Likes