JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Netflix not working on Samsung Smart TV

(Topic created: 05-27-2016 04:46 PM)
michaelgeraci
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have HU8550, SEK 3500 set-up. Firmware 1453. Netflix app has been reinstalled. I still get the "cannot play title at this time" message on every title. Netflix works fine on all other devices in my house. Any ideas?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
581 Replies
SamsungAl
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

@Jodes I apologize for your inconvenience. Could you please provide your model and serial number via private message here?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userSM9D1yBaMM
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Samsung has real issues they won’t admit. 

Logging in in and out doesn’t work for me or uninstalling Netflix. I found I have to reset my Samsung TV and I lose all network settings. So I have to reprogram WiFi and passwords for all accounts like Netflix and A  Prime. It’s only Samsung problem as other brands and devices work fine but they address it. 

0 Likes
userfVjO1MUb4r
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Right on the money, Sir.

Mine stopped working just past the one-year warranty, and it's twice the frustration and disappointment, since I purchased this TV for movie viewing through Netflix and Amazon. I contacted Samsung personnel by text  on three occasions, but the outcome has been the same. According to them, there is a part that needs replacement, I would have to create a job ticket to schedule a visit by one of their technicians, and I would be fully charged for labor and parts. If such part didn't work the first time, what are the guarantees it will now? Total lack of consideration for your pocket and your intelligence. They figure most customers will avoid risking costly repairs on uncertainty, and so expect you to buy a new one.   I gave up on the predicament altogether, and now I just became an ouspoken critic of everything Samsung puts out, especially TVs.  I advise people to avoid their products as much as I can; in person, online, chat rooms, e-mails, on the phone, friends at work, at school, however way possible. Mostly for their negligence and disregard. And the big thing is laying there, useless.

0 Likes
userkXmNKhzm0i
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I got the same issue with Netflix and not a single solution mentioned here works. Never a single Samsung product on me ever again. Had enough, especially the terrible customer service.

0 Likes
userzvT3oFZD3b
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Agree 

0 Likes
usereFF4jTSoJX
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
I have the same issue it works on my Sony TV but not Samsung it stopped working when the Samsung software got updated. Can you please tell me what is going on here? It's not on Netflix ends as it works on all other tv and devices what's the work around I have done all resets powered on off etc its still not fixed!
0 Likes
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Could you provide the model of your television?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
userE2lQVmX4gL
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I just purchased a 55 inch curved series 6 tv on Black Friday and the Netflix will never get past 24%.   We have 3 tablets, 2 other TVs, 2 phones and 2 laptops that anywhere in the house load instantly even during congested hours.  I have even tried loading a show on my phone and then casting to the tv, it slowly loads up to 24% stalls and then says try later every time.   I can load 4K videos in YouTube  and watch 20+mb going through the router but it never really tries with Netflix.  I have reset tv, reset country, unplugged tv for minute, resinstalled and re-loaded app multiple times.  Newest firmware loaded, if I cannot get Netflix to load tonight this Samsung  will be returned tomorrow.

0 Likes
user8KaECoie2L
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Eventually the Samsung and Netflix updates caught up with my set and it now appears to work OK.  This was after several months of having to turn off the set, wait, and turn back on.   I am considering purchasing a Roku (or similar) for my streaming.  Samsung should not be in the software business and their "smart" tvs are anything but.

0 Likes
GLMiamiUser
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

This worked for me on my Samsung ks8000.

0 Likes