JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Netflix not working on Samsung Smart TV

(Topic created: 05-27-2016 04:46 PM)
michaelgeraci
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have HU8550, SEK 3500 set-up. Firmware 1453. Netflix app has been reinstalled. I still get the "cannot play title at this time" message on every title. Netflix works fine on all other devices in my house. Any ideas?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
581 Replies
userVi0hGZCQ78
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I am new to this forum .. just bought our tv in January and now Netflix won't work.. all it does is come up Netflix with the red circling loading.. my question how are you signing out? On the tv.. if so I don't have that option only option I have is to reinstall and still same scenario ..

0 Likes
user8KaECoie2L
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

First, unplug your set, wait two minutes, then plug back in.  The Netflix app should now start correctly.

When you're ready to exit Netflix, find, go to and click on the cog wheel (view account info or sign out)

Then scroll down to 'Exit Netflix' and click.   Use this technique each time you exit Netflix.

userVi0hGZCQ78
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Thank you but that didn't work.. I did try it earlier and it didn't work but just tried again and same thing.  Swirling like trying to load.. like everyone else works fine on every other tv 

0 Likes
userJImTFSyAmJ
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Just wanting to throw my views in here. 

I am having the same problems in the UK with a 49KS7000. 

Same synptoms as reported here: App seems to freeze and become unresponsive to remote controls. Interestingy enough I have noticed that if I use the 'resume playing' for a show by going up when I am on the netflix app icon in the task bar then I can watch a show but still not use the controls to control playback. So this shows that the streaming does work, but the app is unresponsive. 

Really need a fix for this from either Samsung or Netflix. 

0 Likes
userVi0hGZCQ78
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Exactly what is happening to me but I can't even open the previous viewed shows.. And I have done what is said below completely go out of Netflix .. I have unplugged my tv.. and then when I go back in to the Netflix app still does the same thing scrolling like loading.. nowhere is there an option to logout anywhere I will call Netflix now and see what I am told but again this makes no sense since it works on my other tv's

0 Likes
userVi0hGZCQ78
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Update: just called Samsung 800-726-7864... they had to go in and do a reset..  

it is working now.. if you call make sure you know the model number.. which is in back of tv's

hopw this helps 

userE7rieBlg1a
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hi there,

I've also run into the issue of Netflix suddenly not accepting any input from the remotes. I'm in the UK, and only bought the TV on Sunday. 

But I have found a workaround. Do the following:

Apps >> My Apps >> Options >> Lock/Unlock >> Enter your pin >> Highlight & Select Netflix >> Select Done.

Now when you to go to use your Netflix app, it'll ask for the pin. Enter your pin, and you should be back to full functionality.

You can then go back to apps and unlock it. But if it happens again, at least you know what to do. This should be an easy fix for Samsung, lord knows what the hell they're doing. Great TV otherwise.  

0 Likes
userE7rieBlg1a
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Edit: Scratch that. The fix didn't work for me when the issue cropped up again just now. 

0 Likes
userrySyic7Qn9
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Try this

Unplug Tv to get it working again.  

Then when you want to leave Netflix always perform the following instructions. I have done this for over a month with no issues. 

When in Netflix Go to and click on the cog wheel (view account info or sign out)

scroll down to 'Exit Netflix'

it hasn't frozen/gotten stuck since doing this

0 Likes
userJImTFSyAmJ
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

All of the solutions presented only seem to work temporarily for me. 

Unplugging the tv will reset the app but it will eventually freeze again. 

Exiting netflix when I leave doesn't seem to prevent the problem from happening. 

Out of interest, is there a difference between exiting via the 'exit netflix' button and going to the cog and selecting 'exit netflix' from the menu? Seems to be 2 ways of doing this action. 

0 Likes