JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Netflix not working on Samsung Smart TV

(Topic created: 05-27-2016 04:46 PM)
michaelgeraci
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have HU8550, SEK 3500 set-up. Firmware 1453. Netflix app has been reinstalled. I still get the "cannot play title at this time" message on every title. Netflix works fine on all other devices in my house. Any ideas?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
581 Replies
usercbmtecINnu
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

New UNK6300, same problems. Wish we had found this thread before buying. Unfortunately, it's not quite new enough to return. Figured out on my own that unplugging the TV worked but we have a console coming and it won't be possible to do it without running extension cords.

0 Likes
userI46qrK03fD
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Everyone should make sure they call Netflix and make sure they also know

0 Likes
user8iiIW6HMsP
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Thanks great recommendation. Terry

0 Likes
user8iiIW6HMsP
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

This Samsung/Netflix issue has not been SOLVED.

0 Likes
userOY7YawvZc2
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I wonder if we could get a technology blog/website (i.e., CNET, Engadget, etc.) to take notice of this thread and the ongoing issues with Netflix and Samsung smart TVs. Maybe some media attention would light a fire under Samsung and Netflix to get this fixed.

0 Likes
user8iiIW6HMsP
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
I've been tweeting out about Samsung tvs and Netflix . You got a good idea.
0 Likes
user2Fx7oH1q6D
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I totally agree. This absolute nonsense from Samsung. Very disappointed customer.

0 Likes
user35MfnH43BR
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
This Samsung issue has NOT been solved as reported by the original poster (yes, I want this displayed on every page of this thread to point out the true status)
0 Likes
user35MfnH43BR
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
I contacted Netflix, and the customer service rep said: "I see this is a known issue and my team is currently investigating what is causing this, we are also investigating this with Samsung..." When I asked if he could say anything on the status of resolution, he said: "We don't have an estimated time for the resolution..."
userVEXTpp192c
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

If your system was reset for some reason you can have an IP issue / conflict.

Try something simple.

- Power off your TV

- Unplug your power cord! (Switching off the TV will not do this), just unplug it.

- Unplug your Ethernet Cable. (There is power being supplied to the internal ethernet circuit from this cable). By doing this step, you are causing the ethernet card to generate a new IP address which is what you need.

- Press and hold the ON/OFF button on the back of the TV for 5 seconds. (This discharges the power from all internal circuits).

- Hook everything back up.

- Try your NexFlix and see if it is work again.......