JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

New AU8000. Smart hub is being updated - can’t run apps except

(Topic created: 11-23-2022 06:27 AM)
Kjstech
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hi, we have a brand new Samsung AU8000 and just set it up last night.  The issue we’re having is none of the apps work.  Netflix, Amazon Prime, YouTube, and you can’t get anything from the App Store.  Every app wants to either install or update but it says that smart hub is being updated.  Try again later.  We let it sit all night and nothing updated.

I went in the settings menu and checked for updates but it said the TV is up to date.  I tried connecting to my phones WiFi hotspot just to rule out home internet filtering/issues… did not resolve.  I also unplugged and plugged in several times.  I did a factory reset as well.  It says there’s plenty of free space, well over 2GB.  We didn’t get to install anything yet so that checks out.

I need to know how to fix this before Dec1 because Roku has a Black Friday sale on their streaming stick.  I’d hate to have to buy another device if I could get this TV to work.  It’s for my daughter and she just wants to access YouTube, Disney+, Netflix, Amazon Prime.

The google assistant feature works, and the built in IPTV seems to work.  We had Kitchen Nightmares on one of those channels.  So I know the WiFi and internet is connected since that stuff works.  We accepted all of the agreements when setting it up (twice since I tried a factory reset later on).

There’s a Smart Hub connection test and it goes most of the way through but on the last step (5) it errors out saying Unable to complete Samsung Apps test.  MIME-Version 1.0Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I understand how this can be frustrating with not being able to use your apps. Since this is occurring I would recommend calling directly at 1 (800) 726-7864 and asking for our remote management team. As they will be able to access your TV and should be able to force update the smart hub. Or if you prefer since you did just recently purchase the TV you should still be within the return/exchange period, and will have the option to do that. 

View solution in context

2 Replies
Kjstech
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I also tried using an ethernet connection. Internet connection test says ok, but smarthub test says the same thing "Unable to complete Samsung Apps test. MIME-Version 1.0Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit". I created a new Samsung account with a user ID that does not have periods in it. Still same thing. I found firmware on Samsungs page and put it on a USB drive. Stick it in and it scans but says im already up to date. Model Code: UN50AU800FXZA

SOFTWARE VERSION: T-NKLSAKUC-1251.7,BT-S

Status code: 40001_AE1_Z

Sub micom version: T-NKLINTV-1008

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I understand how this can be frustrating with not being able to use your apps. Since this is occurring I would recommend calling directly at 1 (800) 726-7864 and asking for our remote management team. As they will be able to access your TV and should be able to force update the smart hub. Or if you prefer since you did just recently purchase the TV you should still be within the return/exchange period, and will have the option to do that.