Original topic:

NextGenTV not working

(Topic created: 07-02-2022 07:30 PM)
R0NR
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

My QN65QN900A TV ATSC 3.0 NextGenTV tuner is no longer working.  The NextGenTV menu no longer pops up for NextGenTV channels.  The guide has red error symbols next to all the NextGenTV channels. These error symbols look like shields with a red triangle inside.  Inside the triangle is an exclamation point.  I tried running AutoProgram again.  It finds 8 NextGenTV channels and the problem still exists.

You can not get any support for it from Samsung because nobody knows what it is.  Can anyone here help me?

0 Likes
6 Replies
R0NR
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

After looking into it some more, I believe the red symbols I mentioned are Privacy Shield warnings.  This same symbol appears in Settings under Terms & Privacy.  The red triangle with an '!' in the middle I believe means warning.  I went back and agreed to all the Terms & Privacy but the interactive internet services associated with the over the air NextGen TV channels are still being blocked and still have warning symbols next to them in the Guide.  Does anyone have any suggestions on how to clear these?

0 Likes
galarzar
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
I have the same probkem. QN90AA tv. I have talk to support. They said to contact NextGen tv. I Did. They think is the tv. Noticed it happened after the May firmware release.
I have soft and hard reset tv. Used wireless, and wired connections, different ISP and routers, antennas (even my ham radio antenna, picking up stations from other cities). Nothing. When I login into my Samsung account on tv, it wants me to reset password. Done twice.
And today, my warranty expires.
0 Likes
galarzar
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
I got a reply from ATSC.
"This does sound like a signing issue.  The Orlando services are properly signed with production certificates.
However, this shouldn’t prevent the consumer from viewing audio/video unless he has intentionally enabled 'secure viewing'.  Even in that scenario, he should be able to view by clicking through (so to speak).
The Samsung TVs generally show the red icon on all nextGen services util they have been tuned; once tuned, they verify signatures and the red icon goes away.  However, from my observations it is not terribly consistent."

I did on purpose turned "secured Channel Viewing" option on. And when tuned to a NextGen channel. I had a wholebscreen warning with the same symbol.

So it could be a firmware issue with Samsung. I dont think is a local tv statuon problem, since it is on all nextgen channels. And I have use a 30 ft hight antenna with the signal bars at full reception.

Hope Samsung can explain better.
0 Likes
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

From my understanding, even if the red shield icons appear next to the NextGen channels, you should still be able to tune to the channel and receive AV. The security warnings are present when the signing situation is not working properly. With that said, if broadcaster is stating that all the certificates have been read and confirmed to be secure, then it is a firmware issue on the '21 Samsung TVs. 

0 Likes
galarzar
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
Correct, I can still see the NextGen Channels, but it does not show the subscreen (pop up) options of additional content. That is what is missing now.
0 Likes
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

You're referring to the interactive popup that appears on top of the live NextGen channels, right? If so, then without a valid signed signal,  I don't believe that app (or "pop up") will ever show up.