Original topic:

Paramount Plus App Streaming on Samsung Series 8 and QLED TV

(Topic created: 02-25-2022 01:34 PM)
SamUS2020JB
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

For the past few months I have been trying to get my head around what caused the Paramount Plus app to stop streaming on all three of my Samsung TV's. The issue occurred after a Samsung TV firmware update was installed.

After extensive research and trying all the online recommendation including spending a few hours with Samsung support. Resetting the TV more then ten times. Frustrated with the issue and no solution.

I did some further troubleshooting of my own and decided to start disabling each individual setting on the Samsung TV app. Every time I enabled or disabled a setting I would then go to the Paramount Plus app to check if it would stream.

So it turns out, I own a few Sonos ARC soundbars and to take advantage of the eARC technology and get the best quality sound (Dolby Atmos) out of the Sonos ARC soundbar speakers, I set the Samsung eARC feature offered under - Settings>Sound>Expert Settings>HDMI-eARC Mode to (Auto)

It turns out that setting the Samsung HDMI-eARC Mode to (Auto) would prevent the Paramount Plus app from streaming. Once I set the eARC setting to (Off) Paramount Plus starts streaming again. 

This issue occurs on all three Samsung TV's running the same Firmware version. Samsung also just released a new Firmware version 2201 which all three of my TV's now have installed and unfortunately the new firmware did not solve the Paramount Plus/eARC issue.

So in conclusion, for me to stream from Paramount Plus app. I have to sacrifice sound quality (Dolby Atmos) by turning off the Samsung eARC sound setting feature on all three of my  brand new Samsung televisions. 

I want to continue using the Samsung eARC feature recommended by Sonos to take advantage of the technology and Dolby Atmos sound quality.

I'm hoping Samsung reads this post and can provide some insight to what can be causing the Paramount Plus streaming issue when the Samsung eARC feature is set to (Auto).

2 Replies
userJQ6lpfaBm7
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Thank you! This fixed my problem as well. now I am debating whether to return my new Vizio soundbar or settle for mediocre sound. I hope the people at Samsung will take care of this soon!

SamUS2020JB
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

The problem is with the Samsung firmware and Paramount + App. I'm hopeful that Samsung is reading these blogs on their site and will soon release a firmware update to address the eARC and Paramount + Plus app issue.

0 Likes