JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Solution to Paramount Plus App not streaming content or live TV

(Topic created: 07-17-2021 09:10 AM)
AU94cmk71
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

After several months of troubleshooting with Paramount Plus Tech Support, I have finally solved the issue of the Paramount Plus app not streaming content or live TV. The issue I had been having is that the app would work fine at certain times of the day (mostly morning and early afternoon), but then would not stream shows, movies, or live tv at other times (usually in the evening). It would try to load, and then I'd get a scrolling wheel with a blank screen, followed by an error message.  After numerous suggestions to reboot TV/modem/router, reload app, etc., I finally got Paramount Plus tech support to look at more details of my problem. Here is what they said:

"When it comes to Samsung TVs, the DNS configurations can impede on viewing when using our app as these settings as these settings send you to the proper servers to access the service. If these settings do not match your internet providers recommendations, then this can cause the issues you are experiencing on the Samsung. Also, IPv4 and IPv6 protocols can impede on viewing as well as these are used to make communication with our servers and others possible. Ensuring that DNS configurations match the ISP and having both IPv4 and IPv6 protocols enabled will allow for better communication between your device and our servers which will prevent the interruptions you are experiencing on this one device. To ensure this set-up is correct on your network, you would need to have your internet provider ensure this as we do not have access to the network. "

Rather than call my ISP, I accessed my router to view the internet port DNS settings, and then manually entered that same DNS setting into my Samsung Network connection. The setting had been set to "obtain automatically." And since that time, the Paramount Plus app has worked flawlessly, and my other apps have loaded more quickly than previously.

Hopefully if others are having this same issue, this will resolve your problem.

uservmUKSMg3iA
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I really shouldn't have to navigate all this  just to watch a  streaming service.

userZVyoND8SAl
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Didn’t work for me. Still the same problem. I wish Samsung would get their head out of their a** and fix this.

userGRxJBS5tib
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
Did not work for me. Very frustrating. 😒
user8n2QwnBwRE
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I attempted to play various media in apps and got a spinning wheel, black screen, and occasional error code (#3304 was a common one).

I tried all the solutions listed in this thread and related threads -- manually setting DNS (to several different DNS servers), deleting and reinstalling apps, resetting the Smart Hub, and more -- to no avail. For me, the issue also extends beyond Paramount+, to Peacock, AppleTV+, and other services at times. It would seem to be a Samsung issue as much as (or more than) an issue of individual apps needing bug fixes (as Samsung claims).

I solved the issue by deleting all apps from my Samsung TV and buying an Apple TV 4K. It works perfectly, has a much better interface, and is lightning fast. I heartily recommend it.

0 Likes
Members_TiEezKo
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

HELPPP!! 

downloaded the Paramount Plus app on Samsung Tv it shows the movies and shows available in the app but it does not load when i want to watch something. the screen goes dark. 

any  solutions ?

userc6jVkRo3GF
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have the same problem.  Samsung is treating it as an individual problem with my set and referred me to an expensive local repair shop; however, I confirmed with Paramount Plus support yesterday that they have a problem with their app on Samsung TV's.  They do not know when it will work again, and that they refuse to do anything about not providing the service I subscribed to (like extend the subscription date by the length of time I've been unable to use the service).

I've disputed the charges on my credit card for their not providing the service and advise people avoid signing up until they provide a working app and make users whole for the service they lost.  Until then I feel they cannot be trusted.

userz6JNHiOmbE
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I am having the same issues.  I can see everything but when I choose something to watch it just continues loading u til the screen turns black.  I have been watching with no issues until one day ago when it stopped working.

Members_DyjMt6X
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

It works on everything except the Samsung 6 series.  We are able to use the Xfinity app version but the picture isn't as good.

userHfq9B7FfF6
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Same.  No shows will load.  Just goes to black when you select one.

userTKhaBFHhIZ
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Same. Was working fine last week. Now nothing will load. Reset TV and removed and re-installed app. No luck. Other apps work just fine.