Original topic:

Picture/Sound Freezing When Mirroring Computer to TV

(Topic created: 04-06-2022 06:28 AM)
userYAXsA6yiU1
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I am the owner of a Samsung TV model QN55Q70RAFXZA (serial number <hidden>) that I purchased on June 27, 2019. For the most part, I am very pleased with this product (great picture). My only real complaint is that the unit will freeze up repeatedly when streaming programs on my computer to the TV. It will work fine for a period of time, but then freezes and requires that I disconnect and reconnect the wireless connection to resume operation. This problem occurs with many different program sources, including You Tube. I seldom can get through a complete program without this happening.

I have had my internet connection checked out and replaced both the modem and router. The system download speed is ~110 Mbps. I have been in contact with Costco’s concierge service to see if my computer may be causing the problem. They have unable to find anything wrong with the software or hardware. I have gone through all of the diagnostic support functions on the TV, including updating the firmware. None of this has helped. In desperation, I did a search on the internet this last weekend to see if I could find other possible solutions. To my surprise, this seems to be a common problem. Some of the articles say that this problem is very common with Samsung TVs. There didn’t seem to be any good solutions that I could find.

I am at my wits-end as to how to solve this issue and would appreciate any help that you could provide. I bought this set with the hopes that I could do streaming from my computer, so this has been a big disappointment. Some of the articles that I have read recommend going with an LG set. As a long time user of your products (i.e. 6 TVs), I would like not to have to go this route. Any help you could provide would be most appreciated.

0 Likes
6 Replies
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I can definitely understand how frustrating this may be. Does this occur when using an ethernet cable?

0 Likes
userYAXsA6yiU1
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have only tried this in the wireless mode. My home is not wired for an ethernet cable. Thanks

0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Thanks so much for responding. I'm providing a link below to some troubleshooting steps that should help with your TV freezing while streaming. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01003027/

0 Likes
userYAXsA6yiU1
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I tried those suggestions, and they did not work. Thanks 

0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I recommend trying to test your unit with an ethernet cable. If it works, something may be wrong with your WiFi card.

0 Likes
userYAXsA6yiU1
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Costco’s concierge service had me remove and reinstall the wifi adaptor driver ... no improvement. Is there something else that I should try regarding the wifi? Thanks, Jim

0 Likes