Original topic:

QN55Q80T not responding to remotes

(Topic created: 12-04-2022 02:26 PM)
AKgeo
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
We've had the Q80T smart TV for 2 years now. Bought it open-box from Best Buy without the original remote, so we use a Logitech 665 universal. Last week, the TV froze during streaming and I had to unplug it to restart. Since then we can only control it using the SmartThings app - it no longer responds to the Logitech, but the remote still works for the soundbar and blu-ray player. I got an Insignia Samsung remote, which works on our other Samsung TV but still won't talk to the Q80. 

This makes me think it's a problem with the TV. Does this mean we have to reset it completely? Could the issue be caused by a recent update? 
8 Replies
KennewickMan
Supernova
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
The TV may have lost the programming of the universal remote. Try reconnecting the remote to the TV using the remote instructions.
0 Likes
AKgeo
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
Thanks, I did try deleting and creating a new profile for the TV on the remote, but that didn't work. It also won't respond to the new remote, even though the other TV did without any manual pairing
0 Likes
KennewickMan
Supernova
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
Did you check for software updates on your TV?
0 Likes
AKgeo
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
Yeah, it says up to date. I'm not certain, but I think this happened after a recent update
0 Likes
KennewickMan
Supernova
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
It's possible. The update broke the software that communicates with the IR receiver maybe?
0 Likes
KennewickMan
Supernova
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
In the future, hold down the power button on your remote or TV and it'll force restart it. This may help keep the communication active between the two after restarting.
0 Likes
AKgeo
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
Update: I tried a Reset of the TV, and the issue persists. I tried unplugging HDMI and optical cables, to test for interference, after reading someone's post of a similar problem. That also didn't work. The TV IR sensor shows the red light when the TV is off, and that light turns off when the TV is on, so the sensor is functioning.
0 Likes
dawhoda01
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
You don't have the original samsung remote?that one you would just need to pair to tv again
0 Likes