Original topic:

Remote not working and red light flashing

(Topic created: 04-02-2020 06:18 PM)
OCRFierce
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello.

Looks like I just fell into the same Remote ‘flashing red, not pairing, not available, tv turning on by itself in the middle of the night’ black hole I’ve seen posted about.  How frustrating!  I have read through the posts and tried everything, yet i cannot get any of the functions to work.  Everything has worked perfectly for over a year.  I’m so confused, please help.

I have UN65KS9500FXZA.

129 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

We are sorry to hear about this. Have you tried changing the remote batteries? Can you provide the model number for the television?

0 Likes
user_steve
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Yes, I recently put in new batteries.  I also held down the power button for a while and also the play and back button when the batteries were out.  I went through troubleshooting with a Samsung expert whereas I unplugged all connections to the TV, unplugged the TV, confirmed Anynet+ is disabled.  But it seems the TV is not the issue, but rather the remote is the culprit.

The TV model is QN55Q6DRAF.

user2U3zBQsCOb
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I experience the same issue on my 75in Q80r, which is very annoying, especially in the evening during bedtime where we are in bed and the TV in the living room suddenly turns on by itself. At first I thought it was the tv, but after observing this event multiple times, I also noticed the remote blinks multiple times by itself. Hope Samsung can replace the remote with a fixed version.

user_steve
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

It may not be the remote.. I was sent a new remote and the issue remained the same.

Samsung requested I take my TV to a service center for replacement of a circuit board inside the TV.  I didn't want to do that. My solution is not to use the TV remote to turn the TV on or off.  I use instead the remote for my Blu-ray player to power on and off the TV.  This has solved the problem for me.

0 Likes
userHwMwchHOfr
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Usually my remote does a double blink at about 25 seconds after pushing off. sometimes it does 5 double blinks at about 20 seconds after pushing off and will automatically turn the TV back on. Now that I constantly watch what the remote does, I saw it do 9 double blinks after pushing off. It stayed off, but I wonder if it was because I rebooted the TV and changes a bunch of settings. This is my 2nd remote. 1st was the same with the turning back on the TV after trying to turn it off. Might be nice if Samsung replied and explained what the # of blinks mean, could be fault codes? Seems like we need to troubleshoot and fix our own TVs and remotes!  

0 Likes
user3MKqB07OCP
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have the same problem: 

I have a remote control that, after I turn off the TV, will turn on the TV after 30 seconds.  I know the remote is turning on the TV because I watch the remote and it blinks rapidly, about 7-8 rapid double blinks.  The TV will then come back on. I tied changing batteries, unplugging everything, making sure the Anynett+ is turned off, turned off mobile on, software is up to date. 

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I would be happy to look into this further.  Could you send me a private message with your full model and serial number?  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
useryc66IScuSl
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I had a similar problem and none of the suggestions worked, so I removed the batteries  and squirted WD40 into any hole I could see and over the buttons. I then rubbed the remote dry, not being too gentle over the buttons. Problem solved.

SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Thank you for sharing!  This one was a bit unique.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
Dmcd2004
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
this do is a bummer
0 Likes